Drafting RV Park Plans - Layout

Discussion in 'Park Management' started by Bellanca18, May 23, 2021.

1. Bellanca18

Bellanca18
    Expand Collapse

Has anyone drafted park plans themselves? Or created a drawing and had a local draftsman take care of it? Just curious if this is a requirement to be done by a civil engineer or not. Thanks!

2. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

The requirements can vary by location, but in general commercial projects will likely require sign off by a professional engineer (PE) or licensed architect (usually an AIA member). One off non-commercial residential projects may be a little less restrictive.

Bellanca18 likes this.
  3. newkcmoedoe

newkcmoedoe
    Expand Collapse

NYDutch is correct, you will almost assuredly need a Professional Engineer. They will make sure your project conforms to Sanitation codes, fire codes, electrical codes, zoning, subdivision, etc. There are almost assuredly many rules regarding park construction in your locale that you wouldn't have any easy way of knowing about. Permitting is often a daunting task.

NYDutch likes this.
  4. Bellanca18

Bellanca18
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for replies! In doing further research with what the requirements in Arkansas are, we discovered for our situation a simple layout of our plans will be sufficient. We've drawn these up and given to a friend (draftsman) who will make the CAD of our plans for submittal to the state. If the amount spent on your site to build is under $25,000 (plumbing and electric only) you're not required to have an engineer. It will be, due to it being a small RV park and us doing all the work. We will confer with plumbing engineer (friend) and electrician on final inspection.

5. Mtnlife

Mtnlife
    Expand Collapse

Hi, a little late on the reply, sorry just joined.
    I just completed my design on a year-round 32 spot park in Southern CO. I had a friend's wife who works for a civil eng do all of my drawings. Designed and GC it myself. The county and state required the OWTS septic and water system to be eng/stamped and inspections required for plumbing & electrical. I had OWTS, electrical and my water system engineered.