Looking For Christian Family Campgrounds...

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by AllGlorytoHim, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Mojavian

Mojavian
    Expand Collapse

Lavaland RV Park in Grants, NM is definitely "Christian" insofar as the owner (or his employee, he was an old guy) handed me a mimeographed tract telling me that I needed to be baptized in the spirit when I was checking in. What I *really* needed was to rest and hook up my motorhome for the night and maybe watch some TV over the wifi. He told me that he had wifi, which was not exactly a lie -- he did *have* it, after all -- the only thing is I couldn't use it since the signal wasn't strong enough in the spot he put me in to receive it.

So I had to go back outside, unhook all the stuff, and leave, which was not really my desire at the time.

Anyway, when I went back in to get my refund, the old guy was holding a Bible study in the office. I decided that the $20 wasn't that important, so I told the guy that his wifi didn't work, that I wasn't going to stay, but that he was to give my site to someone in need if they presented themselves at some point. I hope he will at least do that, as it would be a Christian thing to do, I think. I also gave him back his tract and told him that I had heard all of that a million times and wasn't interested personally, but thanks and good luck.

So if you are looking for a Christian Campground on I-40 that advertises wifi and doesn't give it to you, Lavaland should fit the bill!

2. Christiangranny

Christiangranny
    Expand Collapse

Mount Chestnut Nazarene Center in Butler PA is definitely Christian and they hold a week long family camp once a year. What to expect, great playground and basketball court. Since Covid hit you would have to check on bathhouse availability. NO wifi. The grounds are gorgeous and walkable. Staff is Wonderful. For the RV park that is about it. Easy access to Lake Arthur and Moraine state park a few miles away for kayaks, fishing,swimming, disc golf, outdoor trails and a bike trail. Also easy access to McConnell's Mill state parks with a variety of trails based on ability and whitewater kayaking as well as a grist mill. Swearing, smoking, tobacco use of any kind, drug use of any kind and any sort of liquor prohibited. A quick trip to town finds WalMart, Home Depot, Sam's Club, Target, Big Lots, Ollie's, Kohl's, Dollar Tree and many others but the park itself is in a gorgeous country setting and a small fish pond. My favorite RV park to take the grandchildren.

3. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forum Christiangranny.

Not sure if your aware but this is an older thread so you may not get an responce. I do like your write up of Mount Chestnut Nazarene Center, sounds like a wonderful Rv park.

May I suggest you post an online review of the park, this will make sure you get the word out for folks that have a similure intrest as yours. :) https://www.campgroundreviews.com/parks/add

Mike