Trip report, Colorado to California

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Fitzjohnfan, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

We are about halfway done with our trip. Lots of heat, but also lots of great scenery. Been through Cedar Breaks NM, Capitol Reef NP, and Yosemite. Motorhomehas run well with only minor problems with a check engine light, and a broken windshield from an errant bird. 20210808_110620.jpg 20210809_123820.jpg 20210809_123924.jpg

Attached Files:

2. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Nice pics Chris, glad you are enjoying your trip other than getting your windshield busted by a bird. What kind of bird did you decide to do battle with? I know windshields for a Class A aren't cheap. Is it okay to get you home or will you try to get it replaced if you can locate a good shop to do it? Hope the remainder of your trip goes well and if you happen up this way coming thru Auburn on the way to Lake Tahoe, etc., and have a few minutes, shoot me a PM and perhaps we can meet at a rest stop along the way and tip a cold one.. Always nice to meet fellow CR folks. Did so with Rollin Ollens (aka Darrell) couple or three years ago. Drive safe and be well.....................

Terry................(aka BankShot)

Paythebill likes this.
  3. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Good to hear your trip was great. As BankShot suggested, be sure you choose your W/Shield replacement shop wisely. I had ours replaced last year. There were not many in Calgary that would undertake the job so my options were limited. The shop charged my insurance company $5000.00 Cdn and I'm not impressed. I had to take it back because it leaked. They packed the leak area with more urethane and another sealer. It no longer leaks but looks like hell and when it rains the water run off leaves a stain on the outside of the glass. The shop needs the tools to hold the heavy glass in place while the urethane cures. The shop that did mine used manpower to hold it in place. I would never recommend them.

Darrell

Paythebill likes this.
  4. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

I enjoyed our little visit even though we shared a coffee instead of a cool one. We might just do it again. We plan on heading down the "Wet" Coast again after visiting daughter number two in Vancouver. We are not sure what route we will use to head east though. If we do Donner Pass again we will be sure to let you know.

Darrell

Paythebill likes this.
  5. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Terry, it was some large black bird that took a wrong turn while eating some road kill. I already have a claim into the insurance, and they are 2 weeks out for repairs, so this will be fixed after we get back. It should be fine until then. If its the same company ive used before, they've done pretty good work.

Just stopped in barstow for the night. Check out the temps...

Attached Files:

Paythebill and Rollin Ollens like this.
  6. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

A little warm but you "are" in the desert. I'm up in Canada (Merritt B.C.) and we are in the high 90s!

Paythebill likes this.