Which would be best Camping tent for Downhill Location?

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Eren fritz, Aug 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eren fritz

Eren fritz
    Expand Collapse

I am looking for a Camping tent which can be easily installed on downhill tilted surface and which gets properly. It must take less time in installation and should be in budget.

2. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hi Eren and welcome to the forum. A few questions for you...................

1. What percentage of grade are you planning on putting this tent down on?
    2. Qoute>"which gets properly"<Unquote.........??? Properly what?
    3. How much less time to install? Less than what might you consider as more time?
    4. Within what budget?

Answer these questions and I'm sure you will get some good responses from other tenters...:D

BankShot

3. Eren fritz

Eren fritz
    Expand Collapse

Sorry for Inconvenience.
    1. I did not get this point kindly explain it clearly
    2. I meant to say which gets properly attached to ground without any loose end or fault
    3. about 20- 30 minutes
    4. around 200$

4. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

By "percentage of grade" I meant how much of a downslope or grade will the tent be put up on? 5%,10%. or more? With the added info you provided you should receive some responses from other tent campers. I am not a tent camper anymore so can't give you any real pertinent info here..........

Happy camping, BankShot

#4 BankShot, Aug 11, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
  5. Eren fritz

Eren fritz
    Expand Collapse

I mean a slightly more tilted surface than usual one.
    anyways Thanks for your Concern.

6. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

I realize I wasn't much help to you Eren as it's been many years since I did tent camp. Just wanted to let you know that being more specific in your questions will generally result in getting more, and accurate, responses from those that are into tent camping. We had some great times back then and I actually miss having a tent but the RV has made up for it and has allowed us to travel a tad more and longer distances...............

Be well and be safe, BankShot...............(aka Terry)

7. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

8. Eren fritz

Eren fritz
    Expand Collapse

Thanks a lot, I appreciate you for your response. Actually I'm new in camping trips that's why I needed few suggestions.

9. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

You are welcome. Like I said I wasn't much help but that "sloped air mattress" Fitzjohnfan posted above looks like it might be something worth checking out. I didn't even know something like that was available and it could be just what you need. It wouldn't correct the tent being sloped but it sure would help keep the blood from rushing to your head or feet depending on which way you use it........:D Not very expensive either. Good luck on getting things together and enjoy your first trip out..................

Regards, BankShot..............(aka Terry)

Paythebill likes this.
  10. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Eren,
    Any tent should work just fine. However, if you are going to pitch your tent on a downhill slope, I would place the entrance (door) facing the uphill side of the grade. Doing this will ensure occupants of the tent do not roll out while sleeping.:)

Rollin Ollens and BankShot like this.
  11. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

---------------------------------------------------------
    Good one Ron!!! But wouldn't they have to be rolled up in a ball in order do any rolling? The entrance on the tents I owned back in the day was on the narrow side and I slept with my feet facing the entrance. Although in thinking more about this I suppose I could have just slid out feet first....:rolleyes::eek:
    I miss those tent camping days...............:(

Terry...............(aka BankShot)

Paythebill likes this.
  12. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

But, yet Bankshot has a motohome.....:p

BankShot likes this.
  13. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Yup, we do, however it took many years to get where I agreed to drive a "bus". My "Sigoth" beat on me for several years before I decided that rather than bleed to death I had best at least give it a try. I did, and the rest is history. But as I said, I still miss that tent. Hey Eren, if you're still aboard on this thread, don't ever sell your tent, you'll regret it just like I have............:(

Terry...............(aka BankShot)

Paythebill likes this.
  14. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Ok everyone picture this. In a beautiful resort type campground, Bankshot’s Sigoth in the “bus” enjoying all the comforts of home. While Bankshot retreats back to days long gone by eating cold beans out of a can and sleeping in a tent. No more regrets…:rolleyes:

Rollin Ollens and BankShot like this.
  15. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

-----------------------------------------------------------
    I wish I had it that easy Ron but it ain't so. I get to sleep in the largest bay under the slideout, and it's does have bay heat and a hose with a shower head attached so i can take a shower on the days she allows me inside the coach I've been toying with the idea of having a window with a sliding screen installed in the bay door so I can get some fresh air at night without leaving the bay door open and being bug bitten all over by morning. I'm not looking for any sympathy here as I am quite content to have things as they be but that's why I miss my tent as I do. When we bought this beast I was told we would share it equally and we do. She gets 90% of the inside and I get 10%. But when I do get to come inside for something like lunch or dinner I do have to do the cooking. I did not read the fine print when I signed our living arrangements agreement. Shame on me...:p Being on the short end of the stick as I am has its benefits of course. When she sticks it to me it doesn't hurt nearly as bad as a long stick would.............:eek:

Boy we sure did take Eren's thread way off course didn't we. Sorry Eren but some of us just don't have no etiquette...o_O

Regards to you both, Terry.................(aka BankShot)

Paythebill likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.