Edit existing reviews?

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by RnBRV, Jun 23, 2021.

1. RnBRV

RnBRV
    Expand Collapse

I would like to edit or update previous existing reviews. We return to RV parks we like and sometimes things change. I also make mistakes on reviews and don't catch them until after the review is submitted.

Seems like a reasonable function these days?

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Members are not allowed to edit their own reviews once they are posted. If you catch a small mistake after a review is posted, you may report that to our Help Desk by clicking on the "Contact Us" link located at the bottom of each page, and they will make the edit for you.

As for updating the information about parks that you stay at again, you should submit a whole new review for the subsequent stays.

Paythebill likes this.
  3. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Well I just discovered a pleasant suprise while uploading a review today. There is now an EDIT feature. I think it said one could edit a review for up to two weeks. I was a bit taken aback. I usually read every forum post but I don't remember reading about an update like this one.

I mostly write my reviews in Word then do a copy and paste so the feature is not too important to me but others will certainly like it! Thanks Campground Review team!

Darrell

BankShot and NYDutch like this.
  4. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

--------------------------------------------------------
    Hi Darrell - - - Unless I am losing what's left of my few marbles, I could have sworn I just saw a post on the forum a couple of days ago telling us all about the new editing feature. After reading your post on this here I went back and lo and behold that post is no longer there. I believe it was posted under CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements . . . ? Haven't a clue why it was removed??? This is great news for everyone if indeed this is correct info coming down...............

Terry..............aka BankShot

5. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Well it makes sense that the update was posted. Clearly I missed reading it. The action does work though. I had to try it out once I realized it was there. I don't know why the notice would be removed either. At least the word is out there now.

Darrell

6. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I can confirm that reviewers can now edit their own review within 2 weeks after it has been submitted. I am not the one who normally makes those announcements so I cannot say why there was none made or if there was, why it was removed. But this is something our members and admin team have been asking for for a long time. So we're all glad it has finally been made available.

7. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I think this makes sence, my guess a good amount of the reviews are now coming in are from smart phones? still the young on the fly tech driven members still have fat fingers and make spelling errors or forget stuff and I could see where they may need to come back and make minor changes.

as usual this old fart still writes his reviews on MS word and does a copy/paste to this site, with the new feature this does have me thinking of maybe I'll try posting a future review by phone.

I just posted a couple of reviews and actually took advantage of the new feature as sure enough I notice an annoying spelling error which I was able to fix, YEAH! :cool:

Mike

#7 mdcamping, Sep 29, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
    BankShot and NYDutch like this.