Trying to be in RV/Resort business - Super newbie

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by BigJo, Feb 3, 2021.

1. BigJo

BigJo
    Expand Collapse

Hello all,

I'm planning to start a business in RV/Resort. I have a idea how I would like to build my business. Because I am a newbie in this business, I would like to find out how to find RV/resort property. Doing from scratch, it will take forever for the first start-up person. Is there any specific website you go to for purchasing this kind of property? I found a few but they didn't really have much info or properties. I don't even know if this is right website for it ^^ I'm more design side of a person than a real estate side
    If anybody can help, it will be great~! Looking at Upstate NY around Catskill area

Thank you!

2. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Look for a realtor that specializes in business properties and tell them what you're intending. Be aware the RV park business requires a high upfront capital investment and typically has a years long ROI. The required permits, environmental studies, etc, can hold the project up for sometimes several years. It's very much a long term investment, not a get rich quick opportunity. You may be better off contacting someone like Kampgrounds of America (KOA) that usually has a listing of available parks and will help with training and marketing to run the business.

Rollin Ollens and BankShot like this.
  3. BigJo

BigJo
    Expand Collapse

I'm trying to create a different type of RV park that doesn't require big property and a whole different perspective of the business. Anyway, thank you for your comments!!!

4. newkcmoedoe

newkcmoedoe
    Expand Collapse

Are you looking to buy an existing RV Park like you implied in your first post or something else, as implied by this post? The need for significant amount of land is kind of a given in the RV Park Business since you need a place for those RVs to park along with roads to get them there. Is location a concern or can you build your concept anywhere? If it is location specific, your best bet is a local commercial real estate broker. If you can go anywhere try rvparkstore.com to buy an existing park or loopnet.com for raw commercial land.

5. Wild Wild SouthWest

Wild Wild SouthWest
    Expand Collapse

I'm a newbie too. I guess if you are looking for something that doesn't require a big property, it's still best to consider the location. Also you may focus on the add-on's (services) and the design which you are good at. Lots of people today are looking for adventures with extra adventures. I hope I was able to spark an idea. Good luck!

6. FelicityG92

FelicityG92
    Expand Collapse

Hello, an excellent option for business. But something tells me that here is unlikely to find sound advice for you.

7. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

You don't think the current and former RV park owners on here could have any knowledge to impart from their own experiences?

Rollin Ollens, mdcamping and BankShot like this.