RV LIFE Campgrounds - Campground Reviews has a new name!

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by Janet H, Nov 18, 2021.

1. Janet H

Janet H
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

In next few days you'll see an update in our URL (website address). The new address will be campgrounds.rvlife.com

This change is being made to reduce confusion and facilitate simpler login across the platforms that are integrated with Campground Reviews (RV LIFE app, RV Trip Wizard, etc). Mobile use of the site has been steadily increasing and now over half of our members are using Campground Reviews via the RV LIFE mobile app.

With this update you'll see the site logo update as well and there will be a gray alert bar on the home page that you can dismiss by clicking the X on the right side.

Do I need to update my login?
    Nope. Your account is the same and your login is unchanged.

Do I need to update my bookmark?
    You may, but the old one will work as well.

Will I still get the newsletter?
    Yes, if you are subscribed it will still arrive to your inbox.

Has the site been sold or changed ownership?
    Nope. The site is run by the same folks and the site team is still here.

Will old links still work?
    Yes. Links and outdated urls will be automatically redirected.

What do I call the site now?
    Campground Reviews or RV LIFE Campground Reviews is just fine. As we have 30,000 Campgrounds and 450,000 trusted Reviews all submitted by REAL Rvers, it just makes sense.

Why are we changing this - again?
    During the past year we've done a huge amount of work to improve the mobile browsing experience because RVers travel and use mobile devices while on the road. In addition, RVer submitted reviews and photos have ballooned as mobile use has increased, but so has the confusion about the various platform names: Campground Reviews, RV LIFE, RV LIFE Pro, Trip Wizard, etc. We're trying to simplify.

What else do I need to know?
    Camping is fun, keep the shiny side up, don't use the water tap at the dump station to fill your freshwater tank ;)

Seriously - ask if you have questions; we'll try to help.

#1 Janet H, Nov 18, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
    RVL855349 and RVCoders like this.
  2. Janet H

Janet H
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Just a note this will be taking effect next Monday (Dec. 6th).

Paythebill likes this.