Best Of Rv Park Reviews

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by Fitzjohnfan, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

I, too, saw the recent review noted by the previous poster. I, however, thought it was enough of a problem to start a separate topic (Review of Sweetwater (TX) RV Park).

2. Snidely Whiplash

Snidely Whiplash
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Fitzjohnfan @ Nov 30 2012, 02:29 AM) [snapback]32014[/snapback]

"If you have a travel trailer or smaller 5th, this place is OK, only OK. Sites are dirt, not level and not at all suitable for a NICE motor home. Owner was very nice but this place is a 2 on a scale of 1 to 10. Only good for one overnight. You don't want to spend any time here. We camped here in a Motorhome."

Ok, can anyone read this any other way than this person is a complete snob? I know this is supposed to be best of rv park reviews, but this is up there as worst of...

OK, I just had to check out their other reviews. One of the recent ones states "They have a standard of nicer, cleaner RV's which keeps the riff raff out and makes the place more upscale and WORTHWHILE." And from another review "Fellow campers were nice except for one IDIOT with IOWA license plates on a travel trailer who was a dog hater and had an anti dog sign on his rig. You don't see this type of miserable BUFFOON very often, most RVers love dogs and are friendly people."

I have to admit, I give some serious weight to the parks they give high ratings. They really must be nice parks if they can satisfy this reviewer.

OK, found another gem by the same reviewer:

"The owners are rather Gestapo like. And if you like that, then fine. ... We are mid 50 year olds. You need to be 100 years old to enjoy this type of environment. If you are a little younger: stay away."

I think this is my favorite reviewer ever; Their reviews certainly are entertaining. :D

But my lowly fifth wheel is still fairly new. I might feel different / not see as much humor as it gets older or, God forbid, if I found myself parked next to them. :eek:

3. rkw99

rkw99
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Sterner @ Jan 30 2013, 11:42 PM) [snapback]32510[/snapback]

OK, I just had to check out their other reviews. One of the recent ones states "They have a standard of nicer, cleaner RV's which keeps the riff raff out and makes the place more upscale and WORTHWHILE." And from another review "Fellow campers were nice except for one IDIOT with IOWA license plates on a travel trailer who was a dog hater and had an anti dog sign on his rig. You don't see this type of miserable BUFFOON very often, most RVers love dogs and are friendly people."

I have to admit, I give some serious weight to the parks they give high ratings. They really must be nice parks if they can satisfy this reviewer.

OK, found another gem by the same reviewer:

"The owners are rather Gestapo like. And if you like that, then fine. ... We are mid 50 year olds. You need to be 100 years old to enjoy this type of environment. If you are a little younger: stay away."

I think this is my favorite reviewer ever; Their reviews certainly are entertaining. :D

But my lowly fifth wheel is still fairly new. I might feel different / not see as much humor as it gets older or, God forbid, if I found myself parked next to them. :eek:

I would most enjoy parking next to them in my slideless, 29ft travel trailer (1995 model-clean, well kept and paid for) :)

Here are 2 reviews from the same person a month apart. Not necessarily worthy of "Best of" but the Goldilocks of RVers

1. My family and I stayed here for a few nights at the end of July through the beginning of August. This place is massive and has a lot going on. Our children enjoyed themselves, and my wife enjoyed the pools, but we felt that it is too much going on; we felt like we could not relax, especially with all of their rules. The rates are also very steep, especially in this economy. It is a beautiful place but we prefer "campgrounds." Don't think we will be going to any more "Resorts." We camped here in a Travel Trailer.

2. My family and I stayed here for a weekend in August. My wife and I enjoyed our stay, and it was convenient as our children had soccer games nearby Saturday morning. The sites were large and level and the grounds were well kept. The only real complaint I have is I wish they had more activities for children; however, we liked it here, and we will come back, especially if our boys have soccer games in the area again

And this one was Juuust Right:

3. My family and I stayed here for Labor Day Weekend. It was our first time staying at this place, and we were impressed. There were so many kids for our children to play with, and there were a lot of activities as well as a lot of courts and the swimming pond, but what impressed me the most was the staff. The girl in the office was very polite and helpful, and my wife said she rarely sees restrooms and grounds so clean and manicured. She also enjoyed how close they are to the shopping outlets and ocean. The price was very reasonable as well, most other campgrounds we have been to charge a lot more for holidays. The only regret I have is that we made reservations last minute, and they did not have many sites left to choose from, next summer we will call earlier.

4. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(rkw99 @ Feb 1 2013, 11:11 AM) [snapback]32522[/snapback]

I would most enjoy parking next to them in my slideless, 29ft travel trailer (1995 model-clean, well kept and paid for) :)
    Here are 2 reviews from the same person a month apart. Not necessarily worthy of "Best of" but the Goldilocks of RVers

1. My family and I stayed here for a few nights at the end of July through the beginning of August. This place is massive and has a lot going on. Our children enjoyed themselves, and my wife enjoyed the pools, but we felt that it is too much going on; we felt like we could not relax, especially with all of their rules. The rates are also very steep, especially in this economy. It is a beautiful place but we prefer "campgrounds." Don't think we will be going to any more "Resorts." We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
    2. My family and I stayed here for a weekend in August. My wife and I enjoyed our stay, and it was convenient as our children had soccer games nearby Saturday morning. The sites were large and level and the grounds were well kept. The only real complaint I have is I wish they had more activities for children; however, we liked it here, and we will come back, especially if our boys have soccer games in the area again

And this one was Juuust Right:

3. My family and I stayed here for Labor Day Weekend. It was our first time staying at this place, and we were impressed. There were so many kids for our children to play with, and there were a lot of activities as well as a lot of courts and the swimming pond, but what impressed me the most was the staff. The girl in the office was very polite and helpful, and my wife said she rarely sees restrooms and grounds so clean and manicured. She also enjoyed how close they are to the shopping outlets and ocean. The price was very reasonable as well, most other campgrounds we have been to charge a lot more for holidays. The only regret I have is that we made reservations last minute, and they did not have many sites left to choose from, next summer we will call earlier.

RKW99, That was just great! Individually, they really don't stand out, but you read them all together, and....

I was scanning through the reviews in Yuma, and there were some bits and pieces of various reviews that made me chuckle...

1) One of the campground directories gave this park a "10" rating and consider it one of the best parks for 2011. I would really like to know what they were using to measure excellence?

2) Lots of chickens and roosters roaming the park. The flies were horrendous, could not sit outside of RV at any time of the day or evening.

3) BUT the worst part is the narrow spaces for transients. With our slide out and the neighbor's slide out there was 27 inches between the two motorhomes. (are you sure it was 27 inches and not 28 or 26? You actually got out a tape measure and checked?)

5. WrongWayRandall

WrongWayRandall
    Expand Collapse

I just ran across this review (funny part clipped out for brevity) for a park that I was considering visiting and it gave me a really good laugh so I thought I would share it in this thread

"...Neighbor to my camper attempted to preach the Book of Revelation to me, starting off by asking me if I would wear a white robe one day. Strange. Next morning, a child almost ran over me on a bicycle. Perhaps it was because I was not wearing the white robe..."

Living in the South, being preached at is nothing new or unusual, and having been in a few campgrounds being run down by a child on a bike is far from atypical, but the tone of the post really struck a chord :lol:

6. jfml44@yahoo.com

jfml44@yahoo.com
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(dalsgal @ Apr 14 2012, 09:25 PM) [snapback]29256[/snapback]

Just spotted this one tonight:

"The bathrooms did not have showers and were not clean and friendly."

I guess I've been missing something all these years since I never met a friendly bath house at any campground. :rolleyes:

Stay at Sleepy Hollow Campground in Wall, SD you won't be disappointed on the showers.

7. Luvtheroad

Luvtheroad
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(jfml44@yahoo.com @ Jun 12 2013, 11:15 PM) [snapback]33769[/snapback]

Stay at Sleepy Hollow Campground in Wall, SD you won't be disappointed on the showers.

We stayed there in 2010. Bathrooms were clean but I don't remember them being exceptionally friendly......

8. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

I saw this comment in a recent (May 2013) review of the Snake River RV Park and Campground in Idaho Falls, ID: "Did not rate a 10 because the grass wasn't in perfect shape .... and because I'm not a fan of the type of trees in the park". So now the grass has to be "perfect" and the trees must be those that the reviewer likes!!! Does this reviewer want the grass to be like a putting green at an exclusive golf course? Does he ask RV parks what type of trees they have before staying? Good grief!!!

9. WVA3185

WVA3185
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Jerry S. @ Jun 13 2013, 07:53 PM) [snapback]33773[/snapback]

I saw this comment in a recent (May 2013) review of the Snake River RV Park and Campground in Idaho Falls, ID: "Did not rate a 10 because the grass wasn't in perfect shape .... and because I'm not a fan of the type of trees in the park". So now the grass has to be "perfect" and the trees must be those that the reviewer likes!!! Does this reviewer want the grass to be like a putting green at an exclusive golf course? Does he ask RV parks what type of trees they have before staying? Good grief!!!

As my big brother always said..."People in hell want ice water too but they don't get it!" :lol:

10. Luvtheroad

Luvtheroad
    Expand Collapse

I just came across one from a couple of years ago that was a doozy: the park manager was described (and I quote) as having the "friendliness of a cobra with PMS and the attitude of a skunk on steroids". Okaaaay, tell us what you REALLY think of her.....

11. MontanaGypsySoul

MontanaGypsySoul
    Expand Collapse

Just wondering how friendly they were hoping that bath house would be. I mean, are we talking bubble baths and wine here or......????

QUOTE(dalsgal @ Apr 14 2012, 07:25 PM) [snapback]29256[/snapback]

Just spotted this one tonight:

"The bathrooms did not have showers and were not clean and friendly."

I guess I've been missing something all these years since I never met a friendly bath house at any campground. :rolleyes:

12. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

This is a paraphrase, since I can't find the original post, but I read one last week that said:

"If you like hearing trucks in a warehouse setting all day and night, getting woken up by a loud train at midnight, and then woken up again by two homeless people fighting over a bottle of wine at 2:00am, then this is the park for you."

13. fastalker64

fastalker64
    Expand Collapse

"Without a doubt the worst campground we've ever been in. No rules at all. Our neighbors were up partying loudly at 3AM and staff does nothing. On our second night we were treated to a live episode of something like the "Jerry Springer" show when a woman and her male 'friend' fought for over an hour - punching, kicking, screaming, cursing, crying, yelling, more cursing and yet more cursing. When looking for the camp manager the next morning, he was over at the offending campsite hanging out with the 'fighters' and drinking beer and playing games at about 11AM! The dump station was pathetic. The fresh water hose at the dump station has it's valve under ground! To turn the water on and off you had to get down on all fours and reach into some sort of ditch and under a sheet of nasty, rotted plywood to reach the spigot. The restrooms were awfull. The camp office was a rundown trailor that looked to be ready to collapse. The pool was not open and looked to be in horrid condition. Many. many, permanents here. Most of which are not kept up very well. I seriously think they could have filmed the movie "Deliverence" here. This place was that bad. The only reason it gets a "1" rating is because "0" is not a choice. Stay away from this place at all costs. We camped here in a Travel Trailer."

Different campground, same state:

"This park has a mix of seasonal campers and weekend campers. The campgrounds website makes it look like a nice place to camp but its not. The website says that they have a private lake in the park but it is really just a big hole that the rain water drains into. However, they do have fish in it. I saw some fish floating in it. ....The campground managers are never anywhere to be found and when I did find the manager,Tom he was drunk. I talked to one of the seasonals and they said that they were going to leave because the park was just going down hill. I would not recommend staying there and I would not stay there again even if it was free. We camped here in a Travel Trailer. "

14. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Another one that shows it takes all kinds of people to run an RV Park...

"Staff a bit unfriendly to customers. Fire caused the park to close in the middle of our stay. Rather than deal with irate RV'ers about a refund, they locked up and left. They abandoned their customers to the threat of an approaching forest fire"

15. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Fitzjohnfan @ Aug 12 2014, 11:14 PM) [snapback]37692[/snapback]

Another one that shows it takes all kinds of people to run an RV Park...

"Staff a bit unfriendly to customers. Fire caused the park to close in the middle of our stay. Rather than deal with irate RV'ers about a refund, they locked up and left. They abandoned their customers to the threat of an approaching forest fire"

I thought that one was a bit funny. I would not have left our CG unattended until all RV's wre gone. Also, as an RV'er I would not have even thought about getting a refund because my life is more important than a little bit of cash.

Paythebill likes this.
  16. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

I realize this is not spot on this subject but thought our own experience would be enjoyed by a few of you. A couple of years ago we stayed at a park and while pulling in a guy came up and just started helping us with hand gestures and guidance, etc. We though he was the official park guide but it turned out he was a full timer and the park "busy body". We were experiencing a minor problem with the AC and asked him if he knew of a mobile service in the area that might stop by to take a look at it. He told us he didn't but not to worry, that his wife was an electrician by past trade and would be glad to come over and take a look at it for us at no charge. So we figured what the heck, he seemed like a nice guy. He left and came back about a half hour later with his wife IN A WHEELCHAIR!!! She managed to get up and actually was able to climb up into the coach where she started telling us to do the things we had already done. Long story short, she was of no help whatsovever. We ended up having them there with us telling us all about their families and pets, etc. for over an hour when we finally told them we had to get some things done and dinner started, and thanked them for their time and trouble. They left and we went on about getting the BBQ out and preparing dinner. I came down out of the coach with the steaks to grill and lo and behold, there he was standing beside our BBQ telling us how good it was starting to smell and what were we having for dinner. He could see the steaks on the platter but I told him anyway that we were having steaks. He then told us they hadn't had dinner yet and those steaks sure looked good. I will finish this little story by just saying I did get rid of him and was actually really nice in the way I did but for the rest of that evening and the next day we were there, we kept a close eye out for them to make sure they weren't hanging around waiting to jump us again. We have had a few laughs about that little scenario ever since......................... :rolleyes:

Paythebill likes this.
  17. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Ok, another post here since it's been really slow. An exerpt from a negative review:

"....The electric was fine. Road noise from highway 77 was loud and constant. I travel full time and this was a short stop visiting friends.{ We are full time travelers. }For us this park was horrible. I would never recommend this...."

If that's the case, maybe they should go back in time and select a different park!

Paythebill likes this.
  18. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Just read one today, guy has been at the campground for 4 yrs, calls it the worst campground in his state... well then why did you stay there? I would bet a cup of coffee there will not be a second review from him.

Mike

Paythebill and BankShot like this.
  19. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Tell you what Mike, add a slice of warm homemade apple pie to that and you've got yourself a bet..:D

Regards, Terry............(aka BankShot)

Paythebill likes this.
  20. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

This thread brings back a memory from several years ago when I read a review (on another website) by a guy who ranted about and blasted an RV park he had stayed at by saying the space they had assigned him was right next to a huge Class A that blocked his views on that side, a tall hedge on the other that also obstructed his view. Being so enclosed he felt claustrophobic in the space he was in. He also made mention that his space was not level which caused him problems sleeping at night and that his two German Shepherds didn't have adequate facilities to take care of their business unless he leashed them and walked them to the doggie area. And to top it off he said he had the feeling the folks in the Class A always seemed to be looking into his window when they looked out their windows. The kicker came when he said the hookups were of no use to him. I had to chuckle about that last comment when he said his RV was a "Datsun" (not a Nissan) pickup truck with a camper shell. I am not knocking the guy by telling this story, just never could figure out why he didn't realize there was probably a Walmart close by that would have served his needs better. And for a lot less money also........:rolleyes:

BankShot.............(aka Terry)

Paythebill likes this.