Campground Costs Going Up?

Discussion in 'Trip Planning and Travel Concerns' started by Heatfactor813, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Heatfactor813

Heatfactor813
    Expand Collapse

Good Morning Campers!
    Just an observation from little ole me, but it really seems like campground prices are going more and more. And to an extent I understand, but when some of the graces are being taken away... it’s a little aggravating.
    I have noticed more campgrounds charging by the person in addition to the the general camping site. While planning for this year, looking at various campgrounds, I have seen the prices of camping based on 4 people, now down to 2. And, you’re paying additional for each person.
    Just curious to what everyone is thinking about this? Will this trend continue? And, continue to get more expensive?

Justin

mdcamping likes this.
  2. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse

Hi Justin, welcome to the forum

We had one this year where we had to pay a premium site fee and a site lock fee on top of peak season prices, luckly it was just me and my better half as I wouldn't be suprised if they charged for additional family members.

Coming from the east coast which is always expensive now add covid to the mix = more $$$
    Hopefully in a couple of years it will not be as crazy

Mike

3. Offdutyboggs

Offdutyboggs
    Expand Collapse

We booked 4 campgrounds Wednesday and ALL 4 had gone up in price from last year. I can understand since most were forced to close in some capacity with the crazy year we just experienced. Hopefully it will start to ease back to normalcy for the upcoming season.

4. garmp

garmp
    Expand Collapse

I agree. I'm just hoping that we get this COVID thing behind us and get on with our lives. I do believe that many of the recently purchased RVs will soon be up for sale as the other tourist venues open up again. That the new comers can go back to the amusement parks and not the state parks.

5. wiredgeorge

wiredgeorge
    Expand Collapse

Haven't noticed prices up too much in my corner of Texas where we camp usually. I have noticed a lot of park occupancy seems to be up. Might just be folks from places that are very restrictive due to the plague escaping to a better climate and a more relaxed stance vis a vis the plague.