Campground review / campground owner response

Discussion in 'Welcome to Campground Reviews' started by Paythebill, Apr 9, 2021.

1. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

The automated "Thank you" here is simply an acknowledgement of the submission, not a comment on the content of the submission. The notice you receive later of either the acceptance or rejection of the review is more content related.

BankShot and Paythebill like this.
  2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Actually I did not make that statement. Someone else did.

My personal feeling is that any effort a park owner makes to thank their guests is good even if it is automated and/or if it comes from a company hired to respond to reviews. However, I actually do think that having an office employee respond is better because it comes directly from the park. But the best response is one that comes personally from the owner, but I totally understand that this is probably not feasible for parks that receive a large number of reviews on many different websites. So while it is not possible for us to personally thank reviewers for sending their reviews to us, at least our generic "Thank you" comes from our site.

Just to clarify. Our admins read the reviews that are submitted to our site. Once in a while a review slips by us and gets posted when it should not be, and in that case the reviewer does receive an automated thank you email regardless of the content. On the other hand, if one of our admins reads an inappropriate review he would send a message to the reviewer which would contain his personal comments explaining why the review could not be posted as submitted and asking that action be taken so that the review can be posted.

You might also be interested to know that when a review is posted, a notice is also sent to the park owner (if they have registered with us), so it doesn't require them to search our website every day. They are alerted when they have received a new review, and then they can respond to it if they want to. If the owner responds, the reviewer is notified.

I believe this procedure allows us to keep the lines of communication open among our members, the RV park owners, and us so that we can continually improve our services and let our patrons know that we appreciate their participation.

newkcmoedoe, Paythebill and weighit like this.
  3. newkcmoedoe

newkcmoedoe
    Expand Collapse

Thanks (and no, this was not an automated response)

Rollin Ollens and Paythebill like this.
  4. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

And thanks to you, also. It is always good to hear our members' opinions and discuss campground topics/issues with them.

Rollin Ollens and Paythebill like this.
  5. Joseph Testa

Joseph Testa
    Expand Collapse

I read thru this thread with interest as most of the campgrounds we stay at have not claimed their campground. I am curious what can i say to them interest them in claiming their CG on here?

Thanks, joe, rv mentor, rvmentor.com

6. leaf peeper

leaf peeper
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Below is what I've told campground owners. However, as posted prior, it's been met with everything from "yes, i'd be interested" to "I don't have time for this".....

Did you know, if you are an owner or manager of a park, you can claim the listing on Campground Reviews & be able to manage its listing yourself? You would be able to do all these things.....

Keep the listing updated, including amenities, email, phone, website URL, reply to reviews,
    upload park photos, create an About Us section so you can let our members know the park is under new management/improvements are being made...etc., & purchase advertising.

if you're interested, just create a login (it's free!) & claim your park. Your claim will go to an Admin to approve & once approved you'll receive an email with instructions on how to manage your park.

Campground Reviews is part of RV LIFE which is a network of RV-ing forums, trip planners & magazines with over 1.3 million registered members"

BankShot and Paythebill like this.
  7. Joseph Testa

Joseph Testa
    Expand Collapse

That is fantastic, i am going to make up some postcards to five to owners of the campgrounds with that wording on it.

Thank you so much,
    Joe

BankShot likes this.
  8. leaf peeper

leaf peeper
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

If you are going to give post cards with that info on it, I would suggest you also put our website URL on it.

Paythebill likes this.
  9. Fun finders

Fun finders
    Expand Collapse

When you come up with a card to hand out to owners could you post it here so that others may use it?
    Thanks

Paythebill likes this.
  10. newkcmoedoe

newkcmoedoe
    Expand Collapse

That may not get you the reception you are hoping for. The park owners I know (I was one myself) see review sites as a necessary evil they have to deal with, not some kind of a blessing. If you haven’t been involved in a business that serves the general public you likely don’t know how deflating a bad review is. And almost every park has gotten a few that were undeserved. We were slammed for the time the sun rose (too early), for not moving a guest out of the site they were in so a newly arriving guest could have it, and for the soap in our bathrooms having a fragrance a guest didn’t like. They were all funny on face value, but those few one star reviews lowered our overall score which is something people take seriously.
    Presenting your postcard to me would have put you in the same category as a health inspector, tax assessor, IRS auditor and proctologist. Maybe necessary, but I will want to be done with you as soon as possible. And yes, all of the above do provide a necessary and valuable service, but I still don’ t have to like it.

Rollin Ollens likes this.
  11. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

I have to agree with newkcmoedoe in respect to the one star reviews that are unwarranted. As a Camp Host at a Provincial Campground I part of my job is to be the front line telling folks about the park rules. The rules are pretty simple and very well publicized but some folks just don't get it.

Linda B*****
    1/5
    3 days ago on Google
    Would be a cute little camp ground, but the managers check ever 30 min and talk a lot about what you can be fined for. Will not be going back.

Kamryn H*******
    1/5
    8 months ago on Google
    Unfortunately it used to be a very beautiful campsite but now there is WAY too many rules, you can’t move the tables or place tents on the grass. They cut down all the trees to make roads & you can see inside everyone’s sites. You HAVE to place your rv or tent on the gravel or you will be fined. very rude camp hostesses as well, who don’t care about personal space & check on you every 2 seconds.

When you have to go back three or four times to let people know that what they want to do is not allowed it gets tiresome. We do not enforce, as in write tickets etc, but we are obligated to inform so that they WON'T receive a fine.

Darrell

Onemoretrail and Paythebill like this.