Campgrounds in or around the Olympic State Park, WA, that have showers

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by acamper__, Jan 24, 2020.

1. acamper__

acamper__
    Expand Collapse

I'm planning a trip up to the Olympic peninsula, and everything's going great - except I can't find any places that have functioning showers. I'm planning on taking a pretty large group for about a week, so it's kind of a necessity. I've found 1 or 2 campgrounds with pay showers, but they're a little too far away from where we're going to be spending most of our time (mostly over in the upper right part of the peninsula - Port Angeles, Port Townsend area.)

Does anyone know of some campgrounds in the general area that might have showers?

2. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

#2 mdcamping, Jan 25, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
  3. Jane D

Jane D
    Expand Collapse

On our 2017 PNW trip, we stayed at Salt Creek Recreation Area in Port Angeles, and loved it.
    http://www.clallam.net/Parks/SaltCreek.html

CG Amenities:
    Tu, 6/6 - Sa, 6/10/2017 = 4 nights, EW, D, site # 27 overlooking Strait of Juan de Fuca & Canada Vancouver Island, nearly no cell signal (Verizon), Canada data roaming issue (call your provider in advance if possible), showers OK ($.25 provided enough water/time for us), deer present

What we did in the area, all good/excellent:
    Crescent Lake, route 112 to Neah Bay, doe + 2 fawns, lots of road work, Sail & Seal Rocks, Makah Cultural Center excellent, Cape Flattery Trail to NW corner of lower 48 excellent + beautiful, Olympic NP, Hurricane Ridge Vis. Ctr. in total fog!, trail to Tongue Point, sunset, Elwha Valley, Madison Falls, Glines Canyon dam removal, Joyce General Store, Salt Creek beach, Camp Hayden bunkers, constant crows but didn't bother us, very nice school group 2 nights @CG - at least 18 small tents

Paythebill likes this.