Can you add a character counter to the review textarea?

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by bcswartz, Dec 21, 2020.

1. bcswartz

bcswartz
    Expand Collapse

Hi. First time posting to the forum, so maybe this topic has been addressed before, but would it be possible to add a character counter to the review textarea where there's a 2000 character limit?

I've hit that character limit a few times now. I tend to write out my reviews in a note-taking app and then copy and paste them into the textarea. If my review is too long the pasted content gets truncated and I have to revise the text. Having a counter at the bottom of the textarea to tell me how many characters I have left before I hit the limit - or how far over the limit I currently am - would help me figure out how much content I need to cut or shorten.

Thanks.

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Thanks for mentioning this. I seem to recall that before our last update, the system did not indicate the exact number of characters used, but it did indicate with a bar how close the reviewer was getting to the limit. Apparently that did not carry over to this version, and I will let the programmers know.