Finding a fun campground

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by peteswanson12, Jul 4, 2021.

1. peteswanson12

peteswanson12
    Expand Collapse

Hello,

I'll be camping in Northern California next week, in Humboldt, Trinity, and Mendocino counties. Does anyone know of a fun campground near there, with a good bonfire and some music and enjoying the outdoors? I'm hoping to meet some people and join in on the fun.

Also is this the best forum for this type of question, maybe there are others?

Thanks,

Pete

2. weighit

weighit
    Expand Collapse

I might be wrong, but I think camp fires or bon fires are a thing of the past with the possible forest fires in any of that area.

3. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Check first to see if there any campfire bans. BLM and National Parks have implemented bans in some areas of northern California.

4. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Ditto on both of the prior responses. I would think that with the extreme fire dangers currently throughout Calif., Oregon, and Washington nobody should be thinking about a "good bonfire"...:rolleyes: I would hope that any RV park or campground that did allow them would be banning them currently and those that aren't should be. Perhaps take your RV down to some beach area and have your bonfire out in the sand next to the ocean? There might be a few areas there that are still allowing that...?

BankShot

Paythebill likes this.
  5. samrich

samrich
    Expand Collapse

I haven't had a rest for a long time and now I spend time at home because there is no opportunity to go somewhere.