Finding open campgrounds - Spring/Fall camping

Discussion in 'Trip Planning and Travel Concerns' started by Kevin Gates, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Kevin Gates

Kevin Gates
    Expand Collapse

Hello all!

New to the site and app and seeing lots of great features/reviews.

The one thing I'm struggling with is being able to filter on when a park is open. Being up here in Michigan and trying to plan trips in the coming weeks is a challenge. Going site by site and searching websites for their "season open" dates is tedious and confusing (did I already check that park - I forgot). While 'most' site open May 1st there are 'some' that open April 1st - and probably even a few that are open year-round if I search further South.

Am I missing an option to filter based on park open dates, or is it just hunt and peck?

Thanks!

2. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forum Kevin

yup, I'm not aware of any filter that is just specific to park hrs.

I have noticed sometimes when an campground owner claims "Own this campground" on the park review homepage there may be posted park hrs.

Coming from New England our weather is somewhat similar, I have occasionally looked for early openings and have had to do the same as you.

Mike

#2 mdcamping, Mar 8, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
  3. Kevin Gates

Kevin Gates
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Mike

Seems like that would be a useful feature/data set. I'm sure, just like all of the park features, it would take a little effort to get the data filled out for a majority of the parks, but seems it would be pretty easy given the activity here.