Fulltimer new to the forums

Discussion in 'Welcome to Campground Reviews' started by solo_on _the _road, Feb 5, 2015.

1. solo_on _the _road

solo_on _the _road
    Expand Collapse

Hi, I'm a solo and have been full time for over just over 4 years in an older Class C. I do a little bit of this and that, including workcamping, to keep my belt buckle away from my backbone.

At first I was surprised at the variation in reviews foir some campgrounds. I looked a little further and found not only did expectatuions differ but the season changed reviews. For instance, campgrounds east of the Mississippi and north of I-40 can have very fast wifi in January that becomes horribly slow in the summer.

Since I tend to boondock in the summer, the cold weather reviews more closely matched my experience and desires. I guess I might be easier to please since I don't really expect many frills. I want power, clean showers with abundant hot water, a clean laundry room, the dump inlet close to my outlet and a level site without mud. I also don't look down on permanent residents.

Pet owners and those without have totally different needs. Unless I missed them, those and the wifi discussions didn't come over to the new forums.

Anyway, I don't know how helpful my reviews might be as they'll be mostly off season and geared for a single.

solo on the road

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Welcome to the forum. You have some interesting observations. I never really thought about the season affecting a campground's reviews. Also what wifi and pet discussions are you referring to that are missing? All the topics from the old system should have transferred here.

3. solo_on _the _road

solo_on _the _road
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the welcome.

My little tablet can be problematic with web sites. I only see a couple of dozen threads in each "room". It WAS cheap and uses very little power. I guess I'll need to use my real computer to read the older threads.

I was just curious how those threads ended. My interest was for general camp host information. They were sometimes a little warm but civil. I have my own hotspot but like to use campground wifi with my real computer very early in the morning. That's also when I do my laundry.

While I don't currently have a dog, I worked at a campground that hosted a couple of competitions. One was for guard type dogs (people wearing padded arm covers) and the other was an agility trial. Nice owners and very well behaved dogs.

solo on the road