Greeting from Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'Welcome to Campground Reviews' started by Dovidas, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Dovidas

Dovidas
    Expand Collapse

We are new to the RV world, retired in February and took delivery of our new Forester 2801QS in April 2017. Just the DW, the fur child and me. So far we have put about 10K plus miles on it this year. This year we mostly used KOA and GS guides to find places to stay. Found that 4-5 stars can mean anything from "really nice" to "pretty darn awful". I just found this site and I am hoping that RVPR will help me to eliminate the "really awful" places when we start traveling again next spring. Next big trip we are planning is to head south across to California and then up the coast to Washington and then back to home, probably taking 3 months or so. I figure I'll be spending a lot of time on this site during the winter. Thanks ahead of time to all the contributors!

Cyclonic, ForestWalker and mdcamping like this.
  2. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Welcome aboard!

Years before I joined this site we got burned real bad at a campground, yup sure enough found all the warnings were on the reviews! As we all know this site can't guarantee a 5 star experience on every trip but at least it can prevent a total disaster. :cool:

Congrats on your retirement, love camping in PA! Don't forget to post lots of reviews as we all benefit from everyone's experience!

See you around the campfire!
    Mike

3. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to RVPR and the forum associated with it. Lots of great folks aboard willing to jump in with assistance and advice, etc. when asked for. This is a great place to make new RV friends and be made to feel like family as we are all into the RV lifestyle. Make sure to post reviews on the parks and campgrounds you visit. Those reviews aid in helping the rest of us make our decision as to staying at them when in that area. We are west coasters and probably won't ever get back to your area but we know there are a lot of great areas to see back there. If you ever get out west don't hesitate to ask for suggestions, etc. on where to stay or what to see. We'll leave a light on for you if you arrive at night............... :D

Happy and safe travels, BankShot...............(aka Terry)

4. Hutch333id

Hutch333id
    Expand Collapse

Welcome aboard. Hopefully, one day you'll also make it north of the border and venture in to Canada. We're a pretty friendly bunch. We're heading east and then down towards your area next year so I'd be interested in reading reviews once you have them written and posted.

Safe travels....:)

5. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I'll add my "welcome" and I would just like to say that the rating does not always tell the whole story, so be sure to read the reviews. Unfortunately some reviewers will give a place a lower score if it is not the type of environment that they like to stay in. For instance, someone may go to a place that is more RV park style than campground. If the reviewer was wanting a true campground experience with wooded sites and campfires, he may lower the rating. However, just because the park did not provide the experience that reviewer wanted, does not make it a bad place to stay, nor does it probably deserve a low rating for this. If the next reviewer who is wanting to stay at an RV park with paved sites and lots of amenities, goes by the rating alone, he might miss this park which would meet his needs quite well. So just be sure to take in all the information and comments, and I'm sure you will make the right choices for you.

So again thanks for becoming a member. We already have a bunch of other great members, and we will all help you with any questions you may have.

BankShot likes this.
  6. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

One traveler to another: Welcome! :cool:
    We also happened upon this site roughly 10 years ago as I was attempting to locate wintering quarters since we sold the house and began our full-timer journey. So much has changed, and yet we are still loving our journey.
    This is a comfortable group with a nice cross-section of education and expertise, with experiences in multiple countries! Looking forward to your added insights and experiences! Cheers!

BankShot and mdcamping like this.
  7. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Welcome aboard, Dovidas. You have come to the right place for help with your travels. This site has helped me immensely over the years since 2005 to find suitable campgrounds, and it keeps getting better as the list of parks grows. You can also get some great insight about the camping scene by reading the Forum threads. Wishing you well in your journeys and hope you can share your experiences with the places you stay at.

8. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Congrats on your retirement Dovidas. Sounds like an interesting trip. North America has a lot places to see. I think you have chosen the right means to get to them. Welcome aboard. I'm looking forward to reading about your adventures.

Darrell

9. Cyclonic

Cyclonic
    Expand Collapse

Welcome aboard, what part of PA are you from? Originally from Bucks County, now living in Virginia, but love to return every chance I get.