Hello and thank you

Discussion in 'Welcome to Campground Reviews' started by treesprite, Jan 20, 2020.

1. treesprite

treesprite
    Expand Collapse

Hi All,

I have been reading a lot through the forum and have found it really helpful. I'm a tent camper on a tight budget, and don't venture far due to it being just me most of the time, but I can't get enough of the mountains and trees away from a metropolitan area daily life that I could give up with no regrets if the right opportunity for a change came my way.

I've been considering purchase of a campground for over a year, doing a lot of research and planning, but thinking it will probably never happen for financial reasons. Well, some things changed recently in the family, and now we are in talks with an owner of an already established campground. I'm trying to up my research without "counting my chickens before they hatch", which is difficult. This website has been great
    for learning what visitors expect from campgrounds, so thank you to everyone who contributes to it.

mdcamping and BankShot like this.
  2. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hello treesprite and welcome to the forum. Tell us where you are located and if by chance you are out west and we find out where you planning your new venture, we will try to stop by and toss out the anchor for a visit. The best of luck to you and just remember above all to be honest about what you can and do provide in terms of services. I think one of the biggest pet peeves of most all RVers is to be told, for instance, that the wifi is strong and available throughout the facility when in reality it can only be acquired near to the office or in a few certain areas. I think you have the rest figured out from what you said in your post. Again, welcome aboard, keep us posted on where this goes from here.....

Regards, BankShot.............(aka Terry)

Paythebill and mdcamping like this.
  3. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Hi treesprite and welcome to the forum. I'm thinking you may have already read this thread, but if not you may find it interesting https://www.campgroundreviews.com/forum/threads/interested-in-buying-an-rv-park.5993

as far as specific questions that maybe campers/Rvers look for, well don't be shy about coming back and asking questions as if you have not guessed by now this is what we all love to talk about... hey you might even get some useful information :eek::p

Good luck! :cool:
    Mike

BankShot and Paythebill like this.
  4. treesprite

treesprite
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the warm welcomes and advice. I was reading this forum for literally 2 hours last night before registering, and then stuff was kind of outdated and it was middle of the night, so I registered and went to bed.

I agree with the need for truthful advertising. This place is off the beaten path in the mountains, where most people have the sense to know their GPS will cut out and their phones will have no signals. The advertisement only claims to have
    the wifi "in some areas", making no promises that a signal is going to go through the woods. It works at the main building area, and there are a couple of hubs (or whatever you call them) in other locations which usually reach where the FHU sites are, but the tent sites are widely
    scattered through some dense forested land where getting a signal is always going to be impossible. My TMobile phone only works in one spot up on a hilltop about 2-3 acres from the main building, just one bar, enough to send a text message. I have on occasion made the hike to that spot to let someone know Im alive. I'll have to change phone service and will see if we can do something about getting more reliable wifi, but if people really need wifi while camping, they can hang out in the lodge.

Even with the iffy wifi, there are a lot of repeat customers who have been going to this place for years, and some have seen me enough as a visitor to recognize me, so if I end up running the place, I won't be as much of a stranger as someone else might be. I just hope the sale goes through, because I don't know if I want to go there if some stranger takes over and changes everything.

Paythebill likes this.
  5. treesprite

treesprite
    Expand Collapse

Just wanted to add this. I forgot that the last time I was at the above place, it was with a new phone which does support wifi calling, and the wifi was good enough in the cabin I was in (right by the lodge)
    that I was able to use my cell phone on the wifi service. I think it may get be a good tip for campers in a place with no cell service, to be taught how to use wifi calling on their phones if their phones are new enough to allow it.

Paythebill likes this.
  6. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hey treesprite - Can you let us know where this will be taking place so those of us who are close by can perhaps stop by and say hi.............???

BankShot..............(aka Terry)

Paythebill and mdcamping like this.
  7. treesprite

treesprite
    Expand Collapse

Campground sales are very secretive. I'm not able to disclose the specific property unless the sale actually goes through and ownership changes. It is within a hundred miles of the Mason-Dixon line and about 200 miles inland of the east coast.

Paythebill likes this.