Hello from AZ

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by CuMiner, Apr 30, 2017.

1. CuMiner

CuMiner
    Expand Collapse

Trading up to a Diesel Pusher tomorrow! We're looking for places to camp in East Mesa or Apache Junction, that will accommodate our new (to us) 45' rig and our toad. Any suggestions? (Just found this site and love it!)

2. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hi and welcome to the forum. I'll say one thing, you certainly did go "full legal length" with your new DP. That is one hellova long "train" you will be driving, bet you are both excited and anxious to get it out on the road. As to finding a park or campground in the areas you outlined I would suggest using the "Home" portion of this website and clicking on the state of Arizona and the scroll down in the left column that lists all the cities in the state where there are parks and campgrounds. You will find a few in the Apache Junction areas as well as East Mesa and if their website doesn't tell you how large an RV they can accommodate then by all means call them and ask. I would bet there will be a few that can handle your coach. Have a great first outing with it and expect a "couple of kinks" to happen on this first outing as there usually are with a new coach. With the slide outs all opened out I know you have more room than many smaller houses do and that you will most certainly be comfy and will have many passers by giving you the once over and admiring it.................... :D

Safe and happy travels, BankShot................(aka Terry)

Simonjj111 likes this.
  3. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Thanks for joining our site. We will look forward to your reviews of places you stay. Sounds like you were an RVer before trading up to the DP, but if you have any questions, be sure to ask.

4. Hutch333id

Hutch333id
    Expand Collapse

Hi and welcome to the site. Congratulations on the new rig. Don't forget to post some photos so we can all get even more envious. I hope you enjoy the site and interacting with the members on here. We enjoy staying in AZ, although have yet to do it in an RV, so any reviews you post would be most welcome.

5. wow

wow
    Expand Collapse

Might also consider Palm Creek RV Resort in Casa Grande, AZ. Not cheap but many amenities.

6. camperx2

camperx2
    Expand Collapse

And Palm Creek has a 'first timer'

7. camperx2

camperx2
    Expand Collapse

oooops.....'first timer' deal. Stay one month get one free....excellent place and if you love to golf or would like to learn their golf club has an awesome package. We loved that place!

blueaaron likes this.
  8. The Old Fart

The Old Fart
    Expand Collapse

Lost Dutchman SP is right there, really nice place, great hiking trails and only 30 minutes from Mesa airport. Quite a few long, paved pull-thru sites. No sewer connections though.

One of the very few things I like in the Phoenix area (lived there for a couple years back in the 80's)

9. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Welcome CuMiner. I'm sure you will enjoy your "new to you" rig. Just a heads up on the recommendation for the Lost Dutchman State Park. If your coach has slides, and I strongly suspect it does, be aware. There are a lot of sites there that are very narrow. Because of the landscaping it may not be possible to access both sides once you are set up. Having said that, if you don't need power (and that is the only extra service available there, ask if they will let you use the overflow lot. You get a double wide, flat, level site plus you have access to the "group" facilities (roofed over tables, washrooms and showers). If you have a chance to visit the park and stay for a while, I do recommend it.

Darrell & Jerry

10. blueaaron

blueaaron
    Expand Collapse

That first timer deal sounds promising.