" How To Start A Poll"

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by BankShot, Feb 3, 2019.

1. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

I'd like to start a poll regarding what methods we use when backing up our RVs. I've never done one before so would appreciate some assistance in how to set one up format-wise, and under what category should it be placed, etc. Ideally the poll would ask the question "What method do you use when backing up your RV?"
    1. Hand signals between your co-pilot/passenger and yourself
    2. Hand held walkie-talkies
    3. RV park/campground personnel
    4. I let someone else do it
    5. I do it alone and with no assistance
    6. Other method...............................

If Admins feel this would be a beneficial poll let me know how and where to post it. If not just tell me to bug off and I will............ :D
    Thanks, BankShot.............(aka Terry)

2. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Most of the time I do it alone with no assistance, but occasionally I get my DW to guide me in (hoping she stays in sight to avoid any bumps:eek:).

3. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I've never actually created a poll, but I think all you need to do to start one is to go to the forum you want it to be in. It sounds like the poll you want to create could go in General Community Discussions, but it is your choice.

Next click on Post New Thread. Create a title and add comments in the comments box if you want to.

Then scroll down a little bit and you will see a section titled Post a Poll. Here you will enter your question, list the answer choices, choose some options, and then click on Create Thread.

Give it a try and if it does not work out the way you intended, we can edit it or remove it and you can try again.

I hope this helps. Good luck and I hope you are successful.

4. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

One method was not listed. My preference and personal favorite. "Avoid backing in at all cost, use pull-throughs" :p

BankShot likes this.
  5. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Oh yeah, then tell us Ron, what do you do when you pull up to the McDonald's drive thru and find out your RV doesn't fit under the overhang...........:eek:...........:p Like you we always try to get a pull thru site but there are times when they aren't available. We have found that a set of wakie-talkies works best for us, and of course me paying close attention to my three cameras on the dash monitor. So far no dings or scratches and I haven't even run over my co-pilot as yet. She's way to quick and manages to get out of the way when I do try..........:D

Regards, Terry..............(aka BankShot)

Paythebill and FosterImposters like this.
  6. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

The situation you outlined at a McDonald’s only happen to me one time, now that the RV is a foot shorter it will fit under most any fast food drive through. :oops::rolleyes:

BankShot likes this.
  7. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Disregard..........Duplicate of below............ BankShoto_O

#7 BankShot, Feb 6, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  8. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

----------------------------------------------------------
    Okay Ron, I got one for you. What does the "length" have to do with the "height" of the drive thru...:rolleyes:
    Just askin'.......:p I'll look forward to your answer to that........... :D

Terry...............(aka BankShot)

Paythebill likes this.
  9. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Oops, my mistake I did not clearly state that the unit is a foot shorter in height because of my driving error leading one to think I was talking about length. Does make a did difference when going through a fast food drive thru with a height restriction...:oops:.

BankShot likes this.
  10. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

-----------------------------------------------------------
    That's okay Ron, we all know what you really meant to say. I can only imagine you pulling into a drive thru McD's or any of the other fast food chains and watching the roof on your RV suddenly having a sun roof.......... :eek:............:D

Happy eating, Terry.............(aka BankShot)

Paythebill likes this.