"Just For The Record"

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by BankShot, Mar 6, 2019.

1. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

I decided to post this after someone pointed out that I was leading in the "most likes" department. I am just wanting everyone to know that my head has not swollen up three hat sizes and I am not trying to win any popularity contests on this forum. I am flattered that my posts are liked and enjoyed by so many as I am a happy go lucky individual who believes you have to have a little fun in life and enjoy communicating with people when you have the opportunity to. This forum has been wonderful over the years I've been a member and many of the posts by members have been both fun and informative for me. I have learned a whole bunch of RV stuff from those of you who have been into RVing a heckalot longer than I have. I have also been happy to have been able to contribute in many threads and on various topics, etc. If someone wants to "give it a go" and become number one in the most likes column then by all means go for it. And when you get there I will be one of the first to congratulate you. I have always enjoyed being a "people person" and that also helped me be very successful in my business career and during my time in the Navy. So in ending this little dissertation I will say thank you to everyone who has checked the "like" box after the posts I have made to date. Keep them cards and letters coming and I promise I will not let my head get any bigger down the road...............maybe :rolleyes:
    Happy RVing to everyone................

BankShot...............(aka Terry)

2. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

I think getting a “like” means that someone found your post enlightening or entertaining. I don’t think the symbolic gesture has anything to do with popularity. Keep up the good posts. I come here to be taught and entertained!

Darrell

3. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

---------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks Darrell for saying what I forgot to mention as that is basically the way I see it also. I sure as heck didn't come aboard to win no popularity contest.............

Regards, Terry................(aka BankShot)

4. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Terry,

Please accept my apology for posting on this forum about the number of "Likes" you received over the years....:oops::oops:
    My intention was to point out that one should not feel neglected or forgotten when one has the highest number of likes received. For me, this means just the opposite. This indicator clearly shows how the forum members appreciate and value your contributions. I never meant to infer that this indicator was anything other than an badge of honor.:)

5. Cyclonic

Cyclonic
    Expand Collapse

Terry, if it makes you feel better, I don't think you have the most likes per capita...

Just a thought :D

6. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

--------------------------------------------------------
    No worries whatsoever Paythebill. In no way did your post upset me and in fact the way you put it I actually got a laugh out of it Only reason I started this thread was I know there are all different types of "mindsets" out there and I thought someone might take your post seriously and think maybe I was trying to win some sort of "popularity" pole. So no apology is necessary in any way, shape, or form. To me it's neat we can all make jokes and poke fun in jest at times. But in saying that we also have to learn who we can do that with so as not to upset someone by saying something you feel is funny but they don't take it that way. Anyway, nuf said, no need to take this any further, let's get back to what we all do best. Hmm, now if I can just remember what it is I do best...........:rolleyes:

Best regards, Terry...............(aka BankShot)
    PS: There are a bunch of folks on this forum, yourself included, that I hope to someday run into at an RV park along the way. Did meet up with Rollin Ollens (aka Darrell) and his co-pilot a while back and it was really great to meet and get a free cup of coffee. Thanks for that Darrell and Jerry...........:D

7. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

---------------------------------------------------------
    Hmm, I wasn't aware of that. Will have to try and do something about it I guess...........:p:D

Safe travels Cyclonic, BankShot...............(aka Terry)

8. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

That record is going to be hard to beat! I believe our token Aussie, Jason Goodwin, will hold that for quite a while. He has more likes than he has posts!! I think it's fair to say that most of us find his posts (with amazing pics) very entertaining! Thanks Jason for being one of us!

Darrell

9. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Actually, I think I saw a post a while ago that the admins had altered your profile so you can't see another button the rest of us see called "unlike". We've been clicking that like mad on most of your posts, but there must be a glitch since they have been registering as "likes"!:):):)

Just wholehartedly kidding. I have found many of your posts entertaining, and I have liked many.

Keep being yourself!

Chris g.

10. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Good one Chris, but don't blame it on a glitch, I have a way of hacking into the site and changing all the dislikes to likes but have backed off lately so as to not raise suspicion...........:p Hey,did you by chance get the info I posted on your thread "Route 66 and Lincoln Hwy"? Hopefully you will be able to visit both places as they are really great and very interesting. Have a great trip and watch out when entering California. We got potholes and cracks in our freeways that will shake your RV so bad you might lose a few fillings in your teeth................ :eek:

All the best, Terry...............(aka BankShot)

Paythebill, NYDutch and Jason Goodwin like this.
  11. Jason Goodwin

Jason Goodwin
    Expand Collapse

Ill happily Like your posts any day of the week Terry mate particularly as they are made with friendship and comradery. Its people like you that make these forums and ensure every idea is valued, every comment is considered and every nervous first attempt at a post is subject to a positive outlook.

mdcamping, BankShot, Cyclonic and 2 others like this.
  12. Jason Goodwin

Jason Goodwin
    Expand Collapse

You will love this @BankShot Terry during World War 2 the wharves of Brisbane were home to US Navy Pacific Submarines. In the last couple of years the Howard Smith Wharfs, home of Gato and Tench class submarines has been redeveloped with the old magazines and workshops restored and re purposed. We took the kids for a walk around the new Felons brewery (We are Australians.....convicts and criminals by linage:D)

Couple of pics guys......
    tmp.jpeg
    The old workshops and moorings
    61D9E8EF-88AD-4D2E-8310-D54D8B86F35C.jpg
    The brewery verandah...
    IMG_2343.jpg
    The converted workshops
    IMG_2351.jpeg
    Under the Bridge
    57326485198__1D384A26-EDB2-4ECF-AEA8-26BA5F0C2AD3.JPG
    Great spot.....
    IMG_2341.jpg
    You will love this one lads @Rollin Ollens @BankShot @mdcamping @NYDutch @Paythebill its a retired Australian Army 6 wheel drive Landrover converted to a mobile bar. Note the beer taps in the side....Only in Australia.......

Actually I hope I haven't hijacked your post Terry. @BankShot ......

#12 Jason Goodwin, Mar 12, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  13. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Wish that beer truck would come to my campground...:p
    Outstanding pics Jason, thanks for sharing..

mdcamping, BankShot and NYDutch like this.
  14. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Howdy Jason, good hearing from you again. Another bunch of great pics. Love the one of the "beer truck", wish I had one of those myself to pull behind the MH........... :D And for sure the one that showed where the US Navy hung out during WW2. I was Navy myself but not during WW2. Did see some early Laos action however while on board a flattop for four years. Hope all is well with you and the family as you go into your winter and we go into our summer. Had a Fosters the other day and it took me back a few years instantly to when I spent time in Australia driving on the wrong side of the road and eating Sydney Rock Oysters..........INDEED!!!

All the very best, Terry.............(aka BankShot)

15. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

For the record.

I may be wrong but I believe that, before the big format change that took place a few years ago, one could find a list showing users and how many reviews that they posted. I seem to remember that Onemoretrail led the pack. I looked for it today but can’t seem to find said list. Did it exist or was I just delusional?

Darrell

Paythebill likes this.
  16. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

You're right, Darrell. There was a list, but it has been some time since I have seen it.

Paythebill likes this.
  17. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

You're right. On the old site there was a place to see a list of members with the highest number of reviews. Until I looked for it just now, I was sure we still displayed that information somewhere but now I can't find it. Maybe one of the other admins knows where it is.

However, I can tell you that I think Jerry S has the most reviews at 889. He has always been ahead of everyone else, but I have no way to see if anyone has caught him, and to date, Onemoretrail has not.

I can also tell you that there is a way to see who has made the most posts to the forum. From the Home page click on Forums, then Members, then Notable Members. The list that is displayed shows the top 20 members with the most posts.

Paythebill likes this.
  18. leaf peeper

leaf peeper
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I don't know who all has access to it, but it's under the Admin section > Reports > User Activity Report . Click on the Reviews All column for it to sort. Jerry is in the lead by a long shot at 889. Onemoretrail in 2nd with 557.

Lori-

Paythebill likes this.
  19. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Can't see anyone beating Jerry S. He has been picking up steam the past few years and I am slowing down, so it won't be me.

Paythebill likes this.
  20. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Thank you all for proving that I was not loosing my noodles.

And then......wow!! Jerry S at 889 !!! That’s a lit of traveling. Even Onemoretrail at 557 is pretty impressive. Congrats to both for sharing their views for the rest of us.

Paythebill and mdcamping like this.