Looking for portable generator advice

Discussion in 'Towing, Vehicles, Maintenance and Repairs' started by Jackie4Hits, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Jackie4Hits

Jackie4Hits
    Expand Collapse

Hey all,

No experience - I have the need for a generator to keep a few items at home going. Chest freezer, refrigerator, maybe a little space heater, etc.

I know I'm late grabbing one just ahead of a storm but I picked up a GENERAC model GP2200i for store pickup (I'm stuck at work) because they showed that as available and I confirmed with the store that they had it.

Specs seem just fine to me and similar when compared to other units in same price range.

Does anyone have experience with this model or could maybe comment on whether it's decent or not (maybe I missed something glaring specs-wise, etc)?

Any insight would be much appreciated, thanks.

2. Ray Comfort

Ray Comfort
    Expand Collapse

see that nobody answered your call, but I have the best advice seeing that I have had several generators to live off of in Haiti for 17 years. Buy Honda and no other. Honda also now offers conversion kits to propane........I'm listening to a Honda 2500 ei right now that is three years old and paid $1200. Keep the oil changed, plug and air filter clean and they run forever.

3. Delpha Murazik

Delpha Murazik
    Expand Collapse

Hello guys, You can choose any inverter generator that will be helpful to you. Champion and Honda is the best brand for the inverter generator.