Monument Valley Tribal Park Closed

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by phemmert, Aug 15, 2020.

1. phemmert

phemmert
    Expand Collapse

We made reservations at Gouldings RV and Cabins in Monument Valley AZ for September 2020, only to discover after the fact that the adjacent Tribal Park is closed until further notice due Covid. There was no notice of any sort on Goulding's website about the closure, so if you're planning on staying at this RV park, at least for now, you are prohibited from entering the tribal park until further notice.

#1 phemmert, Aug 15, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
  2. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hi phemmert and welcome to the forum. I was surprised to read your post saying that Gouldings RV park is closed due to COVID19. Some friends of ours stayed there just a week ago and it was open so I called Gouldings to find out what happened. Seems that the Tribal Park & Center is closed however the RV park IS OPEN. If you doubt this you can call them and find out for yourself. Hope this saves your trip and you enjoy the incredible scenery and surroundings of this area. Drive safe, be well, and don't forget your mask.................:D

Regards, BankShot..............(aka Terry)

3. phemmert

phemmert
    Expand Collapse

That's what I said - the Tribal Park is closed, while Gouldings is open :) I just edited it a bit to clarify that the RV campground is open, but the fun stuff to go look at is all closed for now.

4. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

My apology, I misread what you said and was thinking you meant the RV park itself. Sorry about that, will read a tad slower next time before jumping in.............o_O

BankShot...............(aka Terry)

phemmert likes this.