Opinion On America's Best Campground, Branson. Missouri

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Barbara42, Mar 10, 2007.

1. Barbara42

Barbara42
    Expand Collapse

:) has anyone stayed at America's Best Campground in Branson, Missouri

2. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

3. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

John, you are so funny....is that all you have to say?

4. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

Actually, John Blue, at least 10 people have stayed at this campground. If the poster will just take the time and make the effort to look under Branson, and America's Best Campground, on this very site, they will find ten (count 'em, ten) reviews of this location.

5. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

6. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

Hi Cheryl,

You are suppose to be still asleep! Or is this in prep for the kitchen renos? (I hope they go very well).

In one of your posts you mentioned another "board" that has more posts. Is it open to anyone?

7. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

Wrong Cheryl. That's Cheryl Fuller sleeping at this time and doing the kitchen remodel.

8. Barbara42

Barbara42
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Cheryl @ Mar 11 2007, 10:50 AM) [snapback]6471[/snapback]

Barbara,
    I see that you are relatively new to the forum. Here is a link to Branson's reviews.
    https://www.campgroundreviews.com/regions/Missouri/Branson.html
    America's best it the 3rd one down. Read the comments, not just the numbers.

Thank You Cheryl

9. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

You're welcome!

10. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Cheryl,

All I did was answer the question, "has anyone stayed at America's Best Campground". Post did not ask for any information on camp site or park. I will be more than happy to help but tell me what you would like to know. :D

11. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

By the way Barbara, welcome to the forum, hope you will jump right in and start posting....

12. HowMcG

HowMcG
    Expand Collapse

First off, a little of my history. I have been into camping for about 50 years. That includes camping under the stars, all the way to my current mode with a class-A motorhome towing an SUV, and most things in between.

I bought my first computer in 1979, and was an early user of the internet. I also have worked professionally with computers, and have my own website.

I mention these things not to show I am better, or more knowledgeable than anyone else, only to show that while I may be new to this site, I'm not new to the items mentioned. In other words, I've been around the block a couple of times.

After viewing this thread (and others on this site), I have come to the conclusion it is not a forum I want to be a part of. When I see "Advanced Members" making what I consider derisive, and sarcastic remarks to a new member like this, I can only come to one conclusion -- it's not a friendly place.

I have seen other threads where terms like club and clique were mentioned. You seem to not like that, but from an outsider's viewpoint, these terms may indeed be appropriate. When you try to make what you apparently think are funny statements at a new member's expense, you certainly turn people off from wanting to be a part of this site.

In this case, Barbara42 made a simple request. It was quite obvious to me what she was looking for, but instead of either asking for more specifics, some of you chose to be sarcastic. Cheryl did the right thing in pointing her to the reviews. That's what I would expect an "Advanced Member" to do.

I registered, and posted this message for the sole purpose of pointing out to some of you what I consider to be a reason that I (and I suspect others) would choose not to become a member of this forum. I have already crossed this place off my list of places to frequent.

I am hopeful that by showing you how outsiders such as myself see these things, perhaps you will change your ways and make this a good place for people to exchange pleasantries and information.

I sometimes see forums where a person will bounce in and out making comments just to be controversial. However, when I visit a forum and find regular users making comments like this, I quickly decide it's not a site I choose to be a part of. There are many other places I can go.

You may all be wonderful, knowledgeable people, but comments like these don't show it.

13. carl1949

carl1949
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(HowMcG @ Apr 7 2007, 03:30 PM) [snapback]6738[/snapback]

First off, a little of my history. I have been into camping for about 50 years. That includes camping under the stars, all the way to my current mode with a class-A motorhome towing an SUV, and most things in between.

I bought my first computer in 1979, and was an early user of the internet. I also have worked professionally with computers, and have my own website.

I mention these things not to show I am better, or more knowledgeable than anyone else, only to show that while I may be new to this site, I'm not new to the items mentioned. In other words, I've been around the block a couple of times.

After viewing this thread (and others on this site), I have come to the conclusion it is not a forum I want to be a part of. When I see "Advanced Members" making what I consider derisive, and sarcastic remarks to a new member like this, I can only come to one conclusion -- it's not a friendly place.

I have seen other threads where terms like club and clique were mentioned. You seem to not like that, but from an outsider's viewpoint, these terms may indeed be appropriate. When you try to make what you apparently think are funny statements at a new member's expense, you certainly turn people off from wanting to be a part of this site.

In this case, Barbara42 made a simple request. It was quite obvious to me what she was looking for, but instead of either asking for more specifics, some of you chose to be sarcastic. Cheryl did the right thing in pointing her to the reviews. That's what I would expect an "Advanced Member" to do.

I registered, and posted this message for the sole purpose of pointing out to some of you what I consider to be a reason that I (and I suspect others) would choose not to become a member of this forum. I have already crossed this place off my list of places to frequent.

I am hopeful that by showing you how outsiders such as myself see these things, perhaps you will change your ways and make this a good place for people to exchange pleasantries and information.

I sometimes see forums where a person will bounce in and out making comments just to be controversial. However, when I visit a forum and find regular users making comments like this, I quickly decide it's not a site I choose to be a part of. There are many other places I can go.

You may all be wonderful, knowledgeable people, but comments like these don't show it.

14. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

Carl:

Thank you for sharing the history of your life with us. In all those years of living, RVing, staying up with the latest technology, etc., you obviously did not develop a sense of humor. People on this site often disagree, sometimes strongly, but everybody enjoys a sense of humor and most of us enjoy an appropriate post to a question that literally begs for a little humor. I regret that you have chosen not to continue with this outstanding site and I assure you that this is your loss, and not the loss of the thousands of folks who find this site essential.

15. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

Good Grief, here we go again !

Makes one wonder why anyone would post a history of oneself, could it be a self-esteem problem, was it meant to impress, maybe to educate, (because if one is not careful, one will learn something new every day), maybe all of the above. One thing I do know, that there is only one, who is to stand in judgement of others, and he is not that ONE !

16. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

More importantly, Barbara welcome to the forum, we really do want you to feel welcome here and comfortable to ask a question of concern, and or to post an opinion/experience. There are many individuals on the forum that are interested in helping others with their Rving/camping questions. Hope to see your postings/reviews soon.

17. ecker

ecker
    Expand Collapse

I've stayed there numerous times as an individual camper and part of a large group like Freightliner Chassis Owners Club. The sites are good not great but it makes up for any shortcomings with very friendly service. I particularly like its location because I have found that I can get over and back to shows without sitting in long lines by using the colored roads to connect parkway. Back in ABC in a few minutes. Takes a little scouting to figure out but it works well. It is often full so advance reservations are necessary.