Posting pic's

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by Saddlesore, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Saddlesore

Saddlesore
    Expand Collapse

Hello.
    The "pop up" window is partially hidden/ unable to resize to fit screen of laptop, so I cannot click on posting a pic.
    I can see the rotate buttons and the pic resize/clip button but not the "post" button

Paythebill likes this.
  2. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I have had similar problems in the past, at the same time press Ctrl & - key. this should make your screen smaller and show the complete window. This has worked for me. (also Ctrl & + should increase window size)

Good luck,
    Mike

Paythebill likes this.
  3. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

And Ctrl & zero will reset the screen to the default size.

Paythebill and mdcamping like this.
  4. DeRenzy

DeRenzy
    Expand Collapse

To Admin: Have reviewed and uploaded photos in the past but now my photos get the following message: "We are sorry, but we encountered an error processing your image." I have resized and change image formats without success. Has something changed in this process?

Paythebill likes this.
  5. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

I have no problem uploading using a JPEG with a minimum of 700 pixels. Larger formats do upload as well but take longer. I hope this helps. I do like to see pictures.

Darrell

Paythebill and NYDutch like this.
  6. Gumbo John

Gumbo John
    Expand Collapse

I got the same message this evening so was not able to post pictures. On top of that, when I tried to "post" my review I got a "token mismatch" error and everything was lost. May be a while before I try that again...

Paythebill likes this.
  7. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Please read post #3 in this thread with regard to the significance of the Token Mismatch message and how to avoid it: https://www.campgroundreviews.com/forum/threads/problem-posting.7056/#post-60161

8. Living In This Moment

Living In This Moment
    Expand Collapse

The "fix" works. I was pretty frustrated when I tried to post photos and post a review only for my efforts to go into a black hole of technology, never to be seen again. I was almost too frustrated to try anymore after several failed attempts . I felt however, that my insights, as with those of any other contributor, were important to the site so I ventured into the forums. Do this: log out of campground reviews, clear cookies and caches from your computer, restart your computer and log back into campground reviews. Yes, this should not be required to simply post your review and photo but the rest of the community will benefit from your effort until the problem is resolved. It worked for me. Best of luck

Paythebill likes this.
  9. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Not a IT guy, but just clearing the cookies and caches from your computer will probably do the trick.

Mike

Paythebill likes this.
  10. Tracy&John

Tracy&John
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for mentioning JPEG. I couldn't upload IMG and had to export to JPEG.