Rec.gov does it again or still

Discussion in 'Trip Planning and Travel Concerns' started by garmp, Oct 13, 2021.

1. garmp

garmp
    Expand Collapse

In doing some research for an up coming trip read some reviews on Campground Reviews that said how nice the park is and being COE was only $12, with geezer pass, for full hook ups. I check rec.gov and they only show 4 sites as full hookups. And only one open in our time slot. So I called the park and asked how many sites were full hook ups because reviews implied all were, but the web site shows only 4. I heard him laugh and said they all are. And have been for 3 years now.
    My reply was that I should have known, after all it is the government. He chuckled and wished me a good day.
    How long has it been since the change over to the current vendor? Don't you think they would have things figured out by now?
    To bad it is the only show in town for COE reservations.

Paythebill and mdcamping like this.
  2. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

It isn't just Rec.gov. There's a state park in Georgia that was completely rebuilt 3-4 years ago. A pull through site that used to be limited to 30' max RV's can now easily accommodate a 40' RV, but ReserveAmerica.com hasn't been updated. I had to set our RV size at 30' in order to get a reservation for our 34' motorhome for last winter. We fit with plenty of room to spare including our toad. I don't know if the fault lies with the parks or the vendor...

Paythebill and mdcamping like this.