" Review Being Held Possibly? "

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by BankShot, Aug 11, 2019.

1. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

My curiosity has gotten the best of me, and I do know that this this is the really busy time of the year when it comes to getting reviews posted, however this is something I am not understanding. I posted a review of Eureka RV Park in Eureka, CA I believe on either 8/7 or 8/8. It was put up almost immediately. I followed that one with a review if Winchester Bay RV Resort in Win Bay, OR. The third one was for Rolling hills RV Park in Corning, CA which also got put up almost immediately. Strange that the one for WB is showing in my profile and outlined in yellow, as "Pending Approval". My question is did I type something "out of line" to reviews policy or is it being held for some other reason/s? I have one more review to write from our recent trip but will hold doing so until I hear back as to what is happening with my second review. Not a big deal as some folks might tend to make it, just my old curiosity kicking in as noted above. Thanks in advance for letting me know what's going on with this one................o_O

All the best to you folks that sit on the hot seat much of the time, BankShot............(aka Terry)

Paythebill and Jason Goodwin like this.
  2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

As you know, there are several criteria that may cause a review to be held for further reading by an admin, and I admit I have looked at reviews where I never did figure out why it was held. However, in this case I think I spotted something that might have been the culprit. At the very end of your review for Winchester Bay, you stated, "If you like the ocean, the fresh air, and some great seafood in the immediate area, you won't find better............. BankShot.........(aka Terry)." The names of people are not supposed to used in reviews so I believe "Terry" tripped you up. Of course the guideline is meant to apply to naming park personnel, but the system can't tell that you were referring to yourself. Even so, we are supposed to remove any language that identifies the reviewer other than his username. In fact, the only reason I linked your name to that review in this reply is because you have already done so in your original message.

As for the two reviews that were posted quickly, they did not have your name included at the end.

Other than containing your name, your review is very good and I'm sure it will be posted soon.

BankShot and NYDutch like this.
  3. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Texasrvers for pointing this out to me. I am so use to putting my name at the end of my posts that it just got typed in as if I was making a posting on the forum. Won't do that again. I take it that someone will remove it and all will be okay............. :D

Regards, Terry...........(aka BankShot)

Jason Goodwin and NYDutch like this.
  4. Jason Goodwin

Jason Goodwin
    Expand Collapse

I know who you are Terry but the fact you add your real name to posts adds a personal touch that i think made us friends from the outset mate. But Texasrvers is right guidlines are indeed guidlines

BankShot likes this.
  5. GDM

GDM
    Expand Collapse

This website takes way to long to post reviews and I don't care what the reason is for it . Bottom line is the way they check reviews takes way too long .

6. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Many reviews are posted immediately when they pass the automated validation system checks. Posts that are held for human review take longer of course, depending on the current review volume and the number of volunteers available to review them.

7. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

If you feel this way GDM then perhaps you should volunteer, as a "newbie" to the forum, and become an administrator. By doing so and with no real compensation for your time and efforts put forth to try your very best to get the hundreds of reviews coming in daily, posted immediately if not sooner. Try wearing an administrator's shoes for a while and find out the real story before spouting off, again as a newbie to the forum, as to why reviews take longer to post during the summer season. Oh, and lest I forget, welcome to the forum. You'll find a great group of RVers here with many very knowledgeable in all aspects of RVing, etc..........

Regards, BankShot...........(aka Terry)

8. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Dutch is correct. At this time of year we can get several hundred reviews a day that don't meet the automated criteria (many more than that are processed automatically). Our admin team are volunteers RVers who have their own vacations and other activities. The current "delay time" for reviews being processed manually is five days.

Joel (AKA docj)

9. Kalama Traveler

Kalama Traveler
    Expand Collapse

I was trying to find a place in the Forum to ask the same question the OP did. I had the same exact problem. Because of lack of internet service, I ended up posting five reviews in one day. Two of them were placed within a couple of days. Three of them, posted about a week ago, are still 'pending'. So I guess I must have done something wrong in each of them. I have been vveerryy careful not to mention any names, even though I would have liked to give particular people 'atta boys' or 'atta girls'. Still waiting for them to appear. :)

Paythebill likes this.
  10. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

As far as I can tell you have three pending reviews all of which were submitted on 9/11 which was two days ago. Some of your reviews were approved by our automatic processing system but these three were diverted for review by a site admin. This doesn't mean you did anything wrong when you wrote them. Because we have just had the end of year "Labor Day deluge" of reviews, the processing time, at the moment. is a bit longer than usual. Bear with us and your other reviews will appear in due course.

Paythebill likes this.
  11. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Last month I submitted 5 overall positive reviews at once. Of the 5 submitted, 3 were deferred. Besides the automated screening software deferring reviews using names and certain obvious no no words, my guess the software will also defer if it doesn't like the grammar or if a phrase could be potentially inappropriate ( though 99% of the time everything check out) Not complaining here as I just except it.

Mike

Paythebill likes this.
  12. Kalama Traveler

Kalama Traveler
    Expand Collapse

OK,I have a question. I submitted a review for Worlds of Fun in Kansas City, MO. It was listed for several days as being under review. I just looked at my reviews and it has been deleted. It is not there any more. It was quite an extensive review, mostly positive but with some concerns that I thought other RVers might want to be made aware of. Now it has disappeared, with seemingly no comment to me about it. May I ask what happened?

Paythebill likes this.
  13. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Your review was submitted on 9/18 and our processing time has gotten a bit longer than we'd like because of the flood of reviews we get after Labor Day. From what I see, it has not yet been processed but should be shortly. I'm not sure what you saw that made you think it had been deleted.

Joel (AKA docj)

Paythebill likes this.