Rv Park Owners group - Getting Started

Discussion in 'Park Management' started by Tim Thiemann, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Bama Camper

Bama Camper
    Expand Collapse

Designated bike trails are nice if you have the property. The longer the better. Helps kids burn energy, keeps them off the roads and your walking trail and gives them something else to do. Doesn't have to be paved so it's relatively inexpensive to add. A mountain bike trail or cross country trail would be a plus if the terrain allows.

mdcamping likes this.
  2. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Not sure whats popular in your area. shuffleboard, horseshoes and even cornhole I've seen more recently.

Mike

3. Az Chris

Az Chris
    Expand Collapse

How is the park doing now? I am just in the beginning faze of looking for a park or building one

4. SRRP

SRRP
    Expand Collapse

I'm a new workamper/park manager in Utah and I did some research on what RV people are looking for. This is the most asked for: large and level pull through sites paved or gravel with
    shade/tree/bushes/awning/fence between them. Full hook up, great WiFi, a dog park, clean restrooms, shower & laundry room. Private showers.
    The park I'm in opened in June and the builder/owner faced all the issues in post #3 and he's still having problems. I was researching if small RV parks have soda vending machines when I ran across this thread. I'll continue to follow and hope to gain information to help this owner.

5. Bellanca18

Bellanca18
    Expand Collapse

This is so true. We've found specific to our area, our market is targeted to the plant worker as we have 4 plants in our town. These are dependable, hard-working people who live elsewhere, but company per-diems pay well, which trickles down to our park. There are folks who come through as well to visit family so the above assumptions seem focused too narrowly. Each RV park area has different markets.