"RVPR Name Change"

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by BankShot, Jan 14, 2019.

1. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Just got an email notice about the name change over to "Campground Reviews" that will be effective Jan. 16th. Just for kicks I tried logging in using the new website name and got a banner stating "Authentication Required" So I first typed in my user name as BankShot and my password and it came up as "Failed Login". So I then used my email address and password and again it failed. What I am guessing is that logging in under the new name can't be done until the 16th correct? Just checking so as to make sure that when I do log in using the RVPR name as I have stored and saved I will still be able to long in as the notice indicated? If not are we supposed to log in as a new member using the new name? I just want to make sure that come the 16th we aren't going to run into any log in problems due to having everything set up under the old RVPR name, etc...?

Darn, now it appears I may have to remove the old "RVPR-BankShot" plaques from the coach and have new ones made. Hmm, let's see, how does "CR-BankShot" look........:rolleyes:

Regards, BankShot...............(aka Terry)

Paythebill likes this.
  2. Janet H

Janet H
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

The new url is not yet active and this is why you saw that screen. When it is active in a couple of days, both the old url and the new one will work.

3. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

----------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks Janet. I figured out that was what it was but just wanted to check and make sure. Hopefully others will read this thread and understand also so you don't get flooded with questions about it.....

All the best, Terry...............(aka BankShot)

4. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Strange I did not receive the email notice, like Bankshot did.:( Guess we now know who the "FAVORITE" is in this forum.:rolleyes:

5. Janet H

Janet H
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Perhaps in in your spam folder? The email title is RV Park Reviews is changing our name to Campground Reviews. But not to worry - you are one of our favorites anyway ;)

6. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Hi Janet,
    I did check the spam folder, Nope not there. Not really concerned.. I am sure everything will work just fine..Thanks

7. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

OMG!!!! I have to log in again??? I don't think I have logged out since 2007 !! Hmmm I changed my user name but did I change the password??

Paythebill likes this.
  8. SteveDahl

SteveDahl
    Expand Collapse

Great site! I have never been to the "Forum" tab as I have always submitted a review or checked out possible campgrounds. After receiving today's news about the name change I decided to go to this forum.....We have been reviewing over 70 campsites that we are currently booking for our upcoming 2019 RV Adventure across America. My wife and I are excited. The input accumulated on the website has been tantamount in planning this 5-month, 142 day journey! Check out our planned route on Youtube:

9. Janet H

Janet H
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Glad you found us :)

SteveDahl likes this.
  10. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to the Forum SteveDahl. We think you will find we are a pretty friendly bunch. It sounds like you have a handle on using your RV so we're hoping you won't mind sharing your knowledge and or opinions where you can.

We just watched your Epic Journey! Wow. You will love it. We would like to add just a suggestion or two...... We wish Iwe would have taken a few notes as we followed your route. Anyway...here goes. Winslow......don't forget to stop and have someone (or a selfie) of you "Standing on a Corner". When you get to Parker, if you can, take a side trip to the Desert Bar. Check to make sure it is open. Have a cold one or two. The food is great and music awesome but the going is rough. You will be amazed by the California and Oregon coasts. Yellowstone is spectacular but I'm sure you are aware. When you are in Wyoming you are not too far from Rushmore in SD. We're Canadian but we were still awed by the monument. If you do go, we recommend the Wild Life Loop Road and the Iron Mountain road before you get to Rushmore. As you pass through tunnels, you will see them "frame" Rushmore. Even if you don't take my suggestions (and we hope you don't think we are being pushy) you are in for an amazing trip. Enjoy!

Darrell and Jerry

NYDutch and Paythebill like this.
  11. SteveDahl

SteveDahl
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for allowing me to add my input in this 'Forum' as well as in my 'Reviews!' We will post photos and items of interest along the way! Peace! ☮☮

Rollin Ollens, NYDutch and Paythebill like this.
  12. Janet H

Janet H
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Just a heads up - the name change implementation has been put off until Monday Jan 21 as we tidy up some loose ends. Thanks for your patience.

FosterImposters likes this.
  13. Janet H

Janet H
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Just a reminder note that today the site name was updated. You may need to login again today but your usual login will work. :)

14. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

----------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks Janet, I did have to log back in and all is working fine so far. Not a problem one......:D

Regards, Terry..........(aka BankShot)

NYDutch and Paythebill like this.
  15. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Yup, it be workin' fine....:)

NYDutch likes this.
  16. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Just as I expected. Forgot my password. I did have to log in again. But I'm back!!!!!! :)

17. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

---------------------------------------------------------
    Oh darn, I was thinking we might have a bit of peace and quiet around here........... :p

Glad we didn't lose you in the transition Darrell........... :D

Hope your travels are staying happy ones, Terry.............(aka BankShot)

Rollin Ollens, Paythebill and NYDutch like this.
  18. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Terry. Sometimes this place just gets a little too quiet in the winter. Some of us need to come now and again just to clear the cobwebs away. It would take more than a forgotten password to keep me away. :)

Travels are going well. We just spent two months in Texas and loved it. I can seriously recommend visiting the coast. We loved sampling the food. Only one disappointment.......Chicken fried Steak was not quite what we expected.

Darrell

Paythebill and BankShot like this.
  19. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Yeah I know what you mean. Last time I had a chicken fry my steak it turned out pretty bad.......... :p

Continued safe and enjoyable travels, Terry.............(aka BankShot)

#19 BankShot, Jan 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
    Paythebill likes this.
  20. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Good one, Bankshot!:D:rolleyes:

I'm curious. What were you expecting?

Paythebill likes this.