Site Layout

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Jump, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Jump

Jump
    Expand Collapse

I've noticed the changes to the site. Not having been on here in a while, I find it overwhelming.

Example:

I searched for campgrounds in the Pigeon Forge area and 500 campgrounds are displayed!

Is there anyway to limit the number of campgrounds that are shown?

Thanks for the help.

Jump

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Thanks for contacting us. We have made a lost of changes recently, and we know that they will take a little getting used to, but once you learn to navigate the site, I think you will find that it is easy to use and that it contains all the information from our previous site and then some.

Concerning your search problem that you reported:

In the search box on the Home page (US map) enter "Pigeon Forge" and click Search. The parks will be displayed in a list on the left side of the page and will also be shown on a map with pins showing their location. (When I tested this, I got only 96 parks displayed. That's still quite a lot, but then there are a lot of parks in that area.)

To narrow down the list of parks, click on the map and then zoom in to Pigeon Forge (or any other area). As the area on the map is narrowed, the list of parks will adjust so that only the parks shown on the map are displayed. (If you zoom out, the list will adjust again.)

Also notice that just above the list of parks, there are the words "Filter Results" followed by six categories of filters which can be used to also narrow the search results by checking or crossing out different attributes.

To view the listing for an individual park, click on the park name in the list. You can also click on one of the map pins and a pop up box will appear with the name of the park the pin represents. Click on the name of the park in the box and the park's listing will be displayed.

I hope this is helpful to you, and if you need further assistance using our new format, you can also contact our Help Desk by clicking on Contact Us at the bottom of the page.

3. Jump

Jump
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the information. My results kinda threw me!

Jump