The new format

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by Ron 2615, Feb 1, 2020.

1. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hi FreeLunch and thanks for responding to my reoccurring logging off problem. I have tried clearing my cache prior to logging off and on rare occasions that does work and I am able to log off from the Reviews page, however most of the time that doesn't help either.........
    1. I access https://campgroundreviews.com via an icon on my desktop PC
    1a. Yes, I never need to type in my email address and password
    2. When on the forum and I try logging off it takes me to a blank white page with the following message: "The page is not working correctly. An error occurred during a connection to www.campgroundreviews.com, followed by: *This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies. If I go to the Reviews page directly from the Forums page I am able to log off with no problem.
    3. https://campgroundreviews.com/forum/threads/the-new-format.7671/

I hope this helps. It's not a big deal to me as it only takes an second to switch over to the Reviews page and log out from there but to hear that I am not the only one having this problem makes me feel like I am not the Lone Ranger. Also, this may sound silly or foolish but the only "cookies" I accept are Oatmeal Raisin or Butterscotch-Coconut Crisp. Most of the ones from websites have never tasted very good to me............:D

Paythebill likes this.
  2. FreeLunch

FreeLunch
    Expand Collapse

Well first off your issue is easy to spot. Chocolate chip cookies are the standard and recognized leader in cookies. If you changed to a winning cookie, I bet you wouldn't have these issues.

What browser/OS are you using? What version of the browser?
    Out of curiosity, why do you logout? Not saying you shouldn't, but just curious.

I can lead the horse to water, but...

Paythebill and BankShot like this.
  3. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

I never turn down good cookies FreeLunch.....:D I am using the latest version of Firefox as my desktop browser and have no problems on other websites where I have to log in or out, etc. As to why I log out I never really gave it any thought as I normally log out/off of any forum I belong to. Sometimes I forget to log off and come back in a hour or a day to find out I am still logged in but that doesn't happen very often. I suppose I could just stay logged on to the forum and the reviews sides all the time but if I do that other members would see BankShot's name constantly logged in and may wonder why I never go home to rest.....:rolleyes: I don't see any other members as being logged in at all times so it might also be an "etiquette" thing? Anyway, like I said this is no major issue for me, just a tad annoying at times, but I get over it. Thanks again for your assistance, you Admins are a great group and run a fine ship for the rest of us RVers...................

BankShot.............(aka Terry)

Paythebill likes this.
  4. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Off hand, I don't recall the last time I logged off or on this forum and site. I'm sure I have, but not with any regularity. Don't confuse the "Online" indicator with being logged in.

5. FreeLunch

FreeLunch
    Expand Collapse

BankShot -- one of our guys figured it out from your message. The issue was that you're using campgroundreviews.com in the forums vs www.campgroundreviews.com in the forums. We've fixed that bug and now when you're on campgroundreviews.com/forum/.... , it will automatically redirect you to www.campgroundreviews.com/forum/...

In non techy speak, the bug has been fixed and you're good to go. Thanks again and let us know if you have other issues.

6. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Dutch and FreeLunch - - - Thanks to both of you. I went to my "personal" settings and found out that I have the box checked that states "Shows your online status" and shows others when you are logged on. That tells me I can uncheck that box if I don't want others to see I am logged on, etc. It has been so long since I checked my personal settings I forgot about being able to do that. Think I'll just go on as I have been, but may try being "incognito" at times just for fun.........:D

Onward and beyond, Terry............(aka BankShot)

Paythebill and NYDutch like this.
  7. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I totally diagree with the statement that chocolate chip cookies are the standard and recognized leader in cookies. The true king are toll house cookies, got to have the walnuts

BankShot likes this.
  8. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

-----------------------------------------------------------
    It appears that my reference to "cookies" has taken this thread down a completely new path. Leave to Paythebill to get into the cookie mix with his toll house cookie statement. Toll house cookies are indeed good also but not nearly as tasty and delicious as are good old fashioned Oatmeal-Raisin or Butterscotch-Coconut Crips. and you can take that to your bank and cash it in for big money.......:p

Eat hearty and eat often., Terry..............(aka BankShot)
    PS: We do have fun at times don't we.........:D

Paythebill likes this.
  9. treesprite

treesprite
    Expand Collapse

First of all, you are wrong - Toll House cookies, if eaten while hot, are the best thing in cookies since flour. Second of all, if admin just fed everyone full of cookies, maybe their hands and mouths would be too busy to type and talk, and their tummies and taste buds so happy that nothing else - including website glitches - matters anymore.

Paythebill and NYDutch like this.