"They Be Here Once Again"

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by BankShot, Nov 11, 2018.

1. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

With the holiday season knocking at our RV doors I just wanted to take this opportunity to wish all members a wonderful, safe and happy one. This past year has been really great communicating with those of you that take part on this forum. Over the years I've been a member I've met many folks whom I hope to meet at some RV park along way at some point in time. Did meet up with Rollin Ollens (Darrell & Jerry) earlier this year and it was neat to shake hands and share a cup of coffee with them. We hope that in our future travels some of you will notice the RVPR-BANKSHOT plaques afixed to both the front and rear of our coach, as you walk by, and will stop and bang on the door to say hi. Travel safely wherever you go and always watch out for those crazies that seem to be growing in numbers each year........... :eek:

The very best to everyone, BankShot.............(aka Terry)

2. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

From CT, Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Mike & Kathleen

rideandfly, BankShot and NYDutch like this.
  3. rideandfly

rideandfly
    Expand Collapse

4. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

I can't quite make it out because of the glare but is that by any chance a live turkey I see sitting in Stan's front seat trying frantically to get out? Just askin'.........:p

BankShot...............(aka Terry)

5. rideandfly

rideandfly
    Expand Collapse

The Big Turkey was behind the camera, the Little Turkey in the pickup is camera shy! :)

6. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Hmm, do you be certain of that rideandfly.........??? Somehow I doubt "Little Turkey" is as camera shy as you say she is............ :rolleyes:

Have a great Thanksgiving and remember, as I always say, if you only eat half as much turkey as I do then that means I have eaten twice as much as you.............. :D

Terry.............(aka BankShot)

Paythebill, mdcamping and rideandfly like this.
  7. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Btw, if any of you ever see an old 1989 southwind motorhome with pealing/faded graphics on it, and you say to yourself, "I'm glad I don't have to drive that thing!".....That's me, stop and say hi.

Chris g
    Westminster, CO.

8. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

-------------------------------------------------------------
    You got it Chris. And I'll even have cold one in each hand. One for you and one for me. That is of course if you be a "conosewer" of Brew 102 beer. I saved a 6 pack of this great brew. Vintage 60s from LA. 99 cents for 6 cans of this wonderful stuff...........:D

Chug-A-Lug, Terry.............(aka BankShot)

Paythebill likes this.
  9. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Ya need to post a picture. I coulda sworn I passed by one just like you described.

10. RickB

RickB
    Expand Collapse

While Rollin Ollens is more interested in a picture of a late 80's motor home, I'd REALLY like to see a picture of that Brew 102 beer! I bet that would be a 6 pack of REAL cans :cool:

11. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

---------------------------------------------------------------
    I tried copying a picture of this great old beer off the internet but I guess I did something wrong as it would not transfer over into my pictures folder. So here's what you can do Rick. Use your browser and type in Brew 102 Beer and all sorts of pics and stories about it will pop up. It had to be one of the worst ever beers made but it sold like crazy back in the 50s and I actually did have a couple of cans that I saved for quite a few years after the brewery shut down. Tasted like a concoction of turpentine and cod liver oil but after a few cans you just didn't worry about the taste anymore........... :eek: Quite a few stories can be found on this beer...............

Regards and Happy Turkey Day, BankShot..............(aka Terry)

RickB and Rollin Ollens like this.
  12. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Brew 102 I will pass on. But...some times inexpensive beer is good. In Canada I try to find "Alberta Genuine Draft". AGD in cans. Instead of the normal small opening when you counter press the tab, AGD's whole lid comes off. It's kind of like drinking it out of a glass. It goes down real quick that way. I have to keep telling Jerry that the stuff just evaporated that much quicker and it's really good beer! I didn't bring any with me this trip as even "inexpensive" beer in Canada is outrageously priced. 27612941843_d0410322d4_h[1].jpg

13. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Here's an image from today. Just replaced the front air conditioner cover since the original blew off on our way to Oklahoma.

HAPPY THANKSGIVIING!!

Attached Files:

Rollin Ollens, rideandfly and NYDutch like this.
  14. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Okay. It wasn't you that I passed and she is still a pretty good looking rig. I hope your T G was great.

Darrell