Travel Restrictions

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Don Rhone, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Don Rhone

Don Rhone
    Expand Collapse

Hi, I live in Canada and like the USA the Virus situation is growing worse.

Today, the news for BC was that the Premier is looking into restricting travel from other Provinces, that is of course in addition to the closed USA/Canada border restriction currently in place.

I had hoped to travel South to the USA this summer and visit some of my American relatives, but that does not look very likely, at the current time it is even unlikely that I will be able to visit relatives/friends in other Canadian Provinces as well.

What is the current situation in the USA as to vacationing with your travel trailer?

2. Cyclonic

Cyclonic
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to the forums!

There currently are no, and have been no, restrictions on travel between states specifically. Things vary from state to state, and some states do have minimum quarantines that must be completed upon arrival in the state, but they are practically unenforceable.

We have cut back on our travel this year, but we have camped out of state a few times this year and had no problems. Every campground we have visited has had facilities open, though there are many that have chosen to close their facilities and require self contained units only. Again, this varies not only from state to state, but campground to campground, as owners are deciding what they are comfortable with.

BankShot likes this.
  3. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

CT is very restrictive, last I read a few months ago CT has a minimum of 10 day quarantine when returning back or you have to have a PCR covid test to prove negitive. The PCR test has specific rules also but this may be less time assuming you get your results back in a timely manner . We have waited almost ten days on two occasions for the results, both negitive so either way this may just wash out. East coast USA states restrictions are similar. I think retirees vs working travelers have more options with this.

Some good news for me at least, as I have been completely vaccinated, I hope in the next month to get my wife vaccinated as she is labled 1B

Mike

4. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Here I Colorado, there are no travel restrictions into or out of the state.

Our testing seems to be going well. I've tested several times and usually get results within 24 hours. Some of our counties are going away from the mouth swab test due to too many false negatives, and going to nasal testing only.

mdcamping and Rollin Ollens like this.
  5. Traveling man

Traveling man
    Expand Collapse

6. Traveling man

Traveling man
    Expand Collapse

Here in New Mexico there is a 14-day quarantine upon arrival although there are now exceptions based on areas with a low positive rate. Our state parks have “opened” but only to in state residents, and a limited number of camping sites by reservation only. The rural park near where I live is fairly deserted, and trails and a few spots are open. Picnic grounds, beach & playground areas, restrooms, the visitor center, and the non hookup campground are still closed. The policy doesn’t seem logical as cases here are high enough that RVr’s from out of state have probably been more social distant than locals. As there is a dump station and porta potties it would seem logical to have the non hookup/tent campground open since spaces are about “two houses” length apart, but it has been closed since March. Masks are required in stores or in public, and restaurants here are limited to carry out.