USA West Coast Adventure November 2018 (take 2)

Discussion in 'Trip Planning and Travel Concerns' started by Jason Goodwin, Mar 18, 2017.

1. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hey Jason - I've been out of commission on the forum a few days until a login problems was resolved by a great tech support team. I see you are ready for a little American action this fall and it looks like you have a great trip to look forward to. Lots of miles to travel but to you Aussies that shouldn't prove to be a problem in any regard. Good hearing from you, keep us posted if anything changes. If, while you in the northern areas of Arizona and do make it up to Wiliiams or Flastaff, try to squeeze in a quick trip just a few miles east and south and go see the BIG meteor crater. Well worth seeing if you are so close.................

All the best, Terry..............(aka BankShot)

Jason Goodwin likes this.
  2. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

How about the aerial tramway that goes up Mt San Jacinto?

Jason Goodwin likes this.
  3. Ellistea

Ellistea
    Expand Collapse

Hi Jason - I live in SoCal. Yes, definitely do the aerial tramway! It can be 110 degrees in Palm Springs, and you’ll need a sweater when you get off the tram. Lots of short and longer hiking trails from there. Of course in November, it’ll be cooler, but the temperature changes are quite dramatic and the views from the tram are wonderful.

Palm Springs is actually quite fun, especially if you find the early 1960s and The Rat Pack as interesting as I do. If you like mid-Century architecture, they have tours and evening open houses near downtown during the holidays.

And just so you know, the route back towards Anaheim will go by a major outlet mall at Cabazon. You might want to google this to see if there are any boot stores there, too. I know this particular outlet mall is on various tours of the area for mostly Asian visitors, so most of the shops work well for,overseas shoppers.

Jason Goodwin and Paythebill like this.