Any Smoke-free (campfires Banned) Parks?

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by imagardener, Sep 1, 2013.

1. BCGal

BCGal
    Expand Collapse

Hi all. It's autumn of 2020 now, a long time since the first post was created here on the subject of campfires in RV parks. I'm another one who hates smoke when I'm trying to enjoy the outdoor life. I have issues with my breathing that make me sensitive to smoke, and it just ruins my experience when I have to lock myself in the trailer with the air purifier running. So I've done what some of you suggested... I've begun researching campgrounds that DO NOT ALLOW CAMPFIRES, except for propane fires, or that have a few communal firepits for people to share. If you approve, please go to Facebook and look up my page at CAMPERS FOR CLEAN AIR. I live in British Columbia, Canada, so right now my listings are mostly in that region. But I am hoping people will begin to contact me with other campgrounds they know all across Canada and the U.S.A. so I can post those too. I hope to create a useful resource for those of us who want more fresh in their fresh air! Wishing you all very good health.

Onemoretrail likes this.
  2. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse

Thanks BCGal for starting up a Facebook page for Campers For Clean Air. My DW has issues with smoke and I am always looking for a campground where it's smoke free. I was surprised to see a provincial park on your list because almost all of them in BC have individual fire grills and even in the heat of the summer someone just has to have their fire. Good luck with the webpage and if I find any campgrounds to add to your list I will do so.

3. BCGal

BCGal
    Expand Collapse

We just spent 4 heavenly days at Porpoise Bay Provincial Park in Sechelt, BC. It has 84 sites, and during this week (Sept 29 to Oct 2, 2020) there were only about 20 of them being used. The park is gorgeous if you don't mind not having services, and the flush toilets are clean and there are hot showers. But the best thing is that there are no campfires allowed except for 3 designated spots. (FYI: The nearest sani-dump is at the Chevron station at 910 Gibsons Way, which is on the way back to the ferry bound for Horseshoe Bay.)

Onemoretrail likes this.
  4. treesprite

treesprite
    Expand Collapse

I know exactly what you mean. The wood at most campgrounds in the east is terrible, often just smoulders instead of burning. Once I bought some sawdust bricks "fire wood" which was okay to use at a state park. Those didn't have all the smouldering and black smoke, but the shape made it impossible to arrange them properly. I doubt anyone could get all campers to use something like that.