Greetings from NE Oklahoma

Discussion in 'Welcome to Campground Reviews' started by NEOkieCamper, Sep 5, 2018.

1. NEOkieCamper

NEOkieCamper
    Expand Collapse

Hey All,

I joined your group after doing a search for reviews and found some recent ones for the specific park we will be going to!! So thanks for that. :) I do wish there was a feature to message the reviewer for specific info, just an idea. ;)They aren't showing up as a member on the forum side (??), or I'd message them through here.

We bought our travel trailer earlier this year and have taken her out many times to area parks. We have kids that play sports, so we usually take the trailer to away games so that we can explore new areas. Our next outing is to Natural Falls State Park in West Siloam Springs, OK (if we fit...see below). We just got home Monday from spending Labor Day at Spavinaw State Park. :D

Anywho, we are a family of 5 humans and 1 furbaby, that camps primarily in NE Oklahoma at State Parks. I'm going to start writing reviews for the parks we have been to now that I have a better idea of what constitutes a "good park" to us. One of my gripes with reading reviews, is the lack of pictures with site numbers. Even the Oklahoma state reservation system is lacking in terms of site descriptions and it makes it challenging to know if a site will accommodate a particular rig. We have dual slides at the rear of our trailer (awesome bunk room) with an outdoor kitchen on one of the slides. This makes us rather wide, and can be challenging due to trees. I'm facing that situation right now. Read a review (on here) of a specific site, googled maps and such trying to get an idea of the park/trees etc. I knew it was heavily treed, but everyone kept talking about how spacious the sites are etc. So, I booked it. Then I thought, gee, I forgot to check their FB page. And wouldn't you know it, they have a pic of the exact site I booked! And wouldn't you know it, there are trees that butt up against both sides of the pad. I have no clue how we are going to fit. :( So I'm hoping to add to the wealth of info out there to help others out.

Thanks for having me!!

NEOkieCamper :cool:

2. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

A big welcome aboard NEOkiecamper. I think you'll find that once you read some of the reviews of the various campgrounds you intend to visit, that many of your questions will indeed be answered by those that have been there. To the positive and the negative I might add. It's always nice to know in advance what the conditions are like inside the campground such as space width, trees, bushes, rocks and amenities. We use RVPR for all our travels and especially when we venture out into areas we've never been to. We rule out the really low scores and also some of the high scores and find our answers somewhere in the middle. So far so good. Having slides on both sides can at times present a problem in some parks that leave lots of room on one side but not enough on the other and that is frustrating as you have just found out. Hopefully you will be able to get moved to a site that won't present a tree problem for you. A bunch of great folks on this forum so don't hesitate to jump in any time you have questions or need advice or just want to do some getting acquainted. Never been into Oklahoma as yet as we be mostly west coast RVers and into just 5 or 6 states but someday we may take a walk on the wild side and come see some of the tornadoes you good folks have to contend with just about every year............. :eek:

Safe and enjoyable travels to you, BankShot..............(aka Terry)

3. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Hello NEokiecamper. If your not aware already when your on a particular campground review homepage there is a place to ask fellow campers about the park or nearby attractions, also a place to replay to the questions. Yes the questions are not directed to a specific member/reviewer but on the flip side the questions are exposured to everyone and stand a better chance on getting answered. I have noticed this feature works better on the more popular campgrounds.

Most of the members of RVPR do not participate on the forum side of this wed site, I wish more did as there is a lot to learn on all the issues that folks face camping/Rving and this in turn might produce a few or more better reviews on this site. :)

BTW Welcome to the forum, I'm mostly on the east coast and like Terry hope to roll my wheels out your way someday! :cool:

See you around the campfire
    Mike

4. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Welcome aboard NEOkieCamper! I'm glad you have joined our forum. There are a lot of folks here that are willing to share their knowledge and I'm hoping that you will be willing to share your thoughts with us.

We are planning to visit your neck of the woods in two or three years as we make our way across the continent. Like you, we prefer state parks so I'm sure we will come across some of the parks you review. Thanks in advance!

Darrell