What Happened to Campground Reviews?

Discussion in 'Welcome to Campground Reviews' started by Aljones, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Aljones

Aljones
    Expand Collapse

We only started using this app back in October and it word so good. It was easy to move around on the maps the check out reviews of camp sites that were in the areas that we were interested in going. It now seems that the app has been re-worked or updated. We now find this app slow and hard to use and we are currently looking for another app to aid us in searching for RV camp sites. I wish this app was as good as it used to be just a few months ago.

StuartT, SillyAnn and Dinghy like this.
  2. wapa1

wapa1
    Expand Collapse

from your lips to god's ears.

3. Dinghy

Dinghy
    Expand Collapse

This new format sucks. All it is is a bunch of garbage no one wants to have to go through to find what they are looking for. The original was great - the new format is terrible. Adios

4. SillyAnn

SillyAnn
    Expand Collapse

I agree. I absolutely hate this new format. (Thought it was just me). I am checking out Campendium for reviews now. RV Parky has a fair amount as well. Even posting a review is slow as molasses.

5. StuartT

StuartT
    Expand Collapse

This new site format, which is undoubtedly reworked to accommodate smartphones, absolutely sucks now for pc users who made this site the success it is today. It is spread out using huge font, difficult to mentally navigate, and the map is basically worthless. This site was once the go-to entity for getting factual reviews on campgrounds from real users, but now it is a visual eyesore. Maybe the huge font was your insidious attempt to placate your older base.
    Social Knowledge, LLC, owner of campgroundreviews.com, if you don't fix this, you will be waving goodbye to a lot of former users, including me.

6. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse

I use google chrome, windows 10, as you I mostly use my pc for this site when it comes to locating/choosing RV Parks. When the new site came unline a few months ago, yeah there was some issues, most are ironed out. As far as navigating the maps or using the searchs, I don't have any issues.

As far us using tablets, smart phones and countless other devices, which way do you think the demographics are heading? I'm not a IT guy but that would be my guess for one of the reasons this site was updated.

Mike

7. Renagade007

Renagade007
    Expand Collapse

I use Microsoft edge and it has issues on the map